Adjunct Faculty in Communications - Undergraduate (On Ground)
Provides quality education and maintains high standards of academic excellence in teaching assigned courses in discipline. Conducts office hours as assigned.
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can change lives? Strayer University is seeking a dynamic Adjunct Faculty member to join our academics team. We are currently in search of a passionate professor for an on-ground Undergraduate level Communications class for the upcoming Fall quarter, starting October 2, 2017. Our classes are on a 12-week quarter schedule and typically run one evening per week from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Strayer Adjunct Faculty are not just instructors, they are also coaches and mentors. Our faculty members strive to ignite a life-long love of learning in our students, and to be flexible with their diverse learning styles. We believe in a strong faculty-student relationship and building a community in the classroom.
NOTE: Applications must include copies of unofficial transcripts to receive full consideration.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Teach courses assigned from a pre-designed curriculum and utilize your professional expertise to provide high quality instruction
- Enhance the strength and effectiveness of the curriculum by infusing technology into it, to include videos and social media.
- Utilize online learning platform (Blackboard) to enrich the student learning experience
- Be available to students via email, phone, text and office hours to ensure students receive quality feedback in a timely manner to support their academic success
- Experience teaching at a college level, preferably with adult learners
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- All degrees must be conferred and from an accredited institution to be considered
- Master's in Communications, English, or English Education
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the university
- Manage potentially stressful situations in a professional and ethical manner
- Mobility within the office, including movement from floor to floor
- Must be able to lift one (1) pound
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.