Interior Design - Part Time Faculty
The Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings for a part-time faculty member for our Interior Design Program. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Part-time faculty members will provide instruction for interior design courses. The faculty member is responsible for tracking and recording student performance, preparing course syllabi, lesson plans, and all course related material. The candidate must be comfortable with utilizing technology in a classroom setting.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• Bachelor degree in interior design.
• Knowledge and practice of pedagogy that supports a variety of learning styles.
• Recent teaching experience in post-secondary level education.
• Experience in residential, commercial, hospitality design.
• Masters degree in interior design.
• Please visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment to apply online.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.