Corporate Support Director
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-13-2017
The Corporate Support Director is responsible to the Development Director for managing the Corporate Support Program on behalf of public radio station WGLT. The Corporate Support Director is also charged with being familiar with the duties of both the Events Director and Membership Director to assist in those areas as needed.
1. Bachelor's degree in communications, business or related discipline, or Bachelor's degree in any field with 5 years professional experience.
2. 2+ years' proven success in fund raising in non-profit sector or 2+ years successful work experience in direct sales or marketing in business environment.
3. Driver's license and personal vehicle.
4. Demonstrated ability to work independently with a history indicating initiative and creativity.
5. Excellent communication and writing skills with customers and staff members.
6. Knowledge of Customer Service Management data systems.
7. Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting and in a positive manner to further the mission and goals of an organization.
8. Knowledge using basic computer software.
9. Familiarity with non-profit fundraising techniques.
10. Ability to plan schedules and meet deadlines, including attention to detail.
11. Demonstrated ability to succeed in meeting sales and fundraising goals.
12. Experience with developing and presenting client proposals.
13. Demonstrated ability to successfully network and connect with important community constituencies.
14. Sales or marketing training.
15. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Media sales or non-profit fundraising background.
2. Knowledge of e-marketing tools, social media, cloud computing and newsletter editing.
3. Familiarity with credit and collection practices.
4. Knowledge and experience in sales, marketing, fundraising, or similar activity, in the Central Illinois marketplace.
5. Understanding of public broadcasting environment and FCC rules and regulations.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.