Director, Montclair State University Network for Educational Renewal
Posting Date July 13, 2017
Position Title Director, Montclair State University Network for Educational Renewal
Vacancy # V-1345
Department Center of Pedagogy
Division Academic Affairs
The Montclair State University Network for Educational Renewal, a department within the Center of Pedagogy (CoP), is searching for a visionary and energetic Director whose skills, experiences, and commitments will support program innovation in the context of partnerships with 30+ school districts and assist with the integration of inclusive practices for the success of all students. The Director is an educational leader who has experience with school/university partnerships and who is committed to the tenets of the Agenda for Education in a Democracy. The Director will provide leadership for all aspects of the partnership including chairing the Executive and Operations Committees; recruiting and orienting new school districts to the Network; organizing professional development activities for more than 1,500 MSUNER faculty and administrators in the tripartite; supporting the development and implementation of quality field experiences and clinical practice; and representing the school district perspective on the Teacher Education Policy Committee and the Center of Pedagogy leadership team. The Director will manage and organize daily operations of the MSUNER, supervise office employees, and serve as primary liaison to our partner school districts, visiting schools regularly. The Director will have an office on the university campus and will be employed by the Center of Pedagogy at Montclair State University.
Qualifications & Requirements
Candidates for this position must hold a Master's degree in education or an education-related field
from an accredited college. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are required. Experience working with partnerships and with teacher preparation programs, is preferred. Advanced technology skills are necessary for this position. The Director should have demonstrated leadership experience in schools. The Director should have demonstrated leadership experience in schools.
The MSUNER Director will:
• Direct collaboration between MSU and 31 partner districts.
• Works closely and collaboration with the Center of Pedagogy Director of Clinical Internships to insure the successful assignment of clinical experiences and internships for education students in Clinical I and Clinical II (Student Teaching).
• In collaboration with the Center of Pedagogy Director of Clinical Internships, the MSUNER Director assists in the recruitment, selection, training, and support of cooperating teachers, including clinical faculty.
• Organize professional development activities for more than 1,500 teachers and administrators in MSUNER partnership, including a series of mini-courses in the fall and spring, Teachers as Scholars Seminars, Mentoring and Induction Institutes, and a Summer Conference.
• Promote the simultaneous renewal of the public schools and teacher education.
• Recruit, promote, and develop relationships between potential and existing member MSUNER districts as well as community-based partners for the development of education and human services opportunities to enrich whole communities contiguous to the MSUNER school districts.
• Recruit, orient, and work closely with qualified personnel from partner districts who serve as District Coordinators in the recruitment of Clinical Faculty and development of teacher leadership.
• Recruit Clinical Faculty and administrators in partner schools to conduct action research projects using a team approach to professional development.
• Review applications and award grants including Teacher Study Groups, Teacher Incentive and Action Research Grants.
• Chair Executive Committee and Operations Committee meetings.
• Write and distribute annual summaries of activities and participation by districts.
• Sustain MSUNER news vehicles including the Ning professional learning community.
• Visit regularly and frequently with MSUNER schools to maintain good communication.
• Participate on the Teacher Education Policy Committee, the Center of Pedagogy leadership team, and other committees as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION