Commercial Construction Superintendent
The Superintendent position will manage and control assigned projects, including overseeing field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, and trade contractor and supplier coordination and work in conjunction with the Project Manager leading the project team. May manage Opcon tradesman. There may be the opportunity for travel.
The Superintendent reports directly to the General Superintendent.
A. Work Procurement
1. Participate in the marketing effort by making contacts, maintaining a network of possible clients and project leads.
2. Participate in presentation and proposal preparations constructability into the process.
3. Participate in determining sequence and activity duration on schedules for proposed projects.
4. Looks for project leads.
B. Client Loyalty
1. Understand and communicate to all field personnel the owner's goals regarding construction.
2. Maintains positive relationships with the owner and architect throughout the project(s).
1. Provide technical expertise throughout the Pre-Construction process.
2. Participate in the Constructability review.
3. Assist in the management of the Pre-Construction schedule.
4. Have involvement in the estimate.
1. Insure job safety requirements are understood and implemented by all project personnel and trade contractors, working with the safety support personnel as a resource. Continually strives for Zero Injury on all projects.
2. Lead on-site safety meetings.
3. Review the trade contractor's safety program and MSDS information in the trade contractor start-up meeting.
4. Watch for and correct all safety hazards at the jobsite. Report all safety incidents to safety personnel.
1. Review the plans and specifications for constructability and construction schedules and advise the project team of issues or deficiencies.
2. Understand the contract between and the owner.
3. Understand project estimate and budget set-up.
4. Understand trade contractor and supplier contract scopes.
5. Assist in quantity takeoff and pricing estimates.
6. Prepare, manage and update the detailed project schedule with sequence and activity duration including procurement items.
7. Establish the punchlist process and close-out procedures with the Project Manager, Owner and Architect before trade contractor work starts. Maintain a Zero Punchlist.
8. Schedules and procures tools and equipment necessary for the project.
9. Mentor and train other employees as necessary.
Job Requirements :
High School and completion of Vocational School a plus, College degree preferred
8 to 10 years related experience or equivalent role (Commercial, Higher Education and Health Care construction experience a preferred)
Familiar with construction management software for use with scheduling, spreadsheets, and cost control.
Proficient in understanding building plans and specifications.
Value Engineering and life cycle costing.
Team player with field supervision, project management and company administration staff.
Safety standards knowledge and enforcement
Ability to remain calm, focused and effective under time pressure situations.
Self-starter with ability to set goals and tasks with strong leadership skills.
Opcon is a self performing general contractor that specializes in interior and exterior renovation, facility maintenance, hospital construction, green building and federal contracting. Please check out our website at www.opcon-inc.com. Opcon prides itself on its quality and values. We value our employees, our code of ethics, safety and being environmentally responsible.
Thu, 13 Jul 2017 08:56:28 PDT