Manage both print and digital design projects from concept through production. Projects would include designing a range of print and digital materials for email, social media, website, event promotions and more.
Who we are:
The CU Boulder Alumni Association is here to help our students stay connected to the university and to fellow Forever Buffs throughout their lives. We offer programs for students, career services for alumni, family-friendly events, a national network of alumni chapters, international programs, an award-winning quarterly magazine and much more.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Visually communicate the mission, goals and brand identity across digital channels (websites, social media, email, etc.) and in print materials (signage, brochures, event programs, etc.).
- Collaborate with directors, project managers and team members to provide professional recommendations for concept, design, art direction, production, etc.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Marketing and outside vendors to meet production deadlines.
- Manage the Alumni Association's photo archives and digital assets across a variety of platforms.
- Collaborate with the MarCom team to create integrated marketing plans.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Marketing to formalize branding guidelines and publish a style guide.
What we can offer:
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be creative. Be excited. Be unique. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in design, marketing, communications or comparable field.
- At least two years of professional graphic design experience.
- Experience in website design/management.
- Expertly proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite.
What you will need:
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple projects in a fast-moving work environment.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently, but also actively seek and value feedback.
- A willingness to help out wherever needed.
- Positive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
What we'd like you to have:
- Three years of professional graphic design experience.
- Advanced understanding of typography, symmetry, balance, hierarchy and use of color.
- CU Boulder graduate and/or experience working on CU Boulder campus.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Familiarity with Drupal platform.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by July 21, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10263.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10879 - Alumni Association
Posting Date: Jul 13, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 21, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00735750