Who we are:
Student Affairs is committed to enhancing student academic success while mitigating obstacles that may impede progress. We create inclusive environments to address student social, emotional, physical, spiritual, professional and academic needs to increase retention, academic progress and graduation rates. We provide programs and services to support student health and wellness, personal and professional goal-setting and progress, social involvement, motivation and academic self-efficacy.
The University of Colorado Boulder student conduct system is based on a developmental and progressive response to student conduct violations; it is aimed at helping students acknowledge responsibility for their actions and assist them in learning behaviors, which will assist them in being successful members of the CU community. The Program Manager reports directly to the Director. The Program Manager performs professional level work to support the Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution (OSCCR).
What your key responsibilities will be:
Assessment & Data Management:
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, and making recommendations to the OSCCR team related to student conduct trends, recidivism data, and student feedback surveys.
- Ensure that the departmental goals and the strategic plan initiatives are effective and of high quality.
- Benchmark national practices, identify key trends, and make recommendations to the Director.
Intake and Referral:
- Responsible for working with parents and students, in person and via phone, who are often in distress.
- Apply principles of crisis management and de-escalation techniques, to determine how to best assist and/or refer escalated students and parents.
- Hire, train, and supervise the student assistants.
- Hire, train and supervise student administrative assistants.
Policies and Procedures:
- Draft and maintain the policies and procedures outline in the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict resolution Code.
- Apply knowledge and practice of Law and Policy related to due process, record retention, and state laws including, but not limited to, Colorado Open Records Act (CORA).
Communication and Outreach:
- Responsible for the OSCCR communication plan.
- Draft content for students, parents, and faculty, related to student conduct and conflict resolution best practices.
- Work closely with campus stakeholders to collaborate in shared messaging related to issues of substance use and education.
- Assist with budgetary matters of the OSCCR, which include forecasting, analyzing and making recommendations to the Director.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $40,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be inspired. Be innovative. Be inclusive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
What you will need:
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience working in a Student Conduct Office.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by July 22, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10128.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10425 - Office of Student Conduct
Posting Date: Jul 13, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 22, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00735491