Pre-Collegiate Middle School Coordinator
Who we are:
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Community Engagement (ODECE) works to achieve the University's commitment to inclusive excellence and uphold it as a priority across the campus. The office fosters CU Boulder's vision for a diverse campus climate and works with students, faculty, and staff to implement the campus diversity plan. Programs and activities are sponsored by ODECE to engage the campus and community members in valuing our common experiences and celebrating our differences.
The primary duties of this position are to work with participants from the University of Colorado Boulder Pre-Collegiate Development Programs who are seventh and eighth graders at our target middle schools and assist them as they prepare to transition to high school. These duties include, but are not limited to, assisting the Director with service delivery and program operations; including: assisting with program management, training and supervision of college student staff, and assisting other program staff in the facilitation of program events. A major component of this position is conducting outreach to the program's target middle schools (25 middle schools); developing partnerships with target middle school personnel; recruitment of students; and developing relationships/partnerships with students and their parents to promote the success of the individual students. The position coordinates the middle school program which is inclusive of coordination of Saturday academies, collaborating with CU Program Partners/Presenters/Vendors, and training of student staff to deliver program services. The position also assists during the Pre-Collegiate Summer Residential Program, and in the training and supervision of program instructional/teaching assistant/peer counseling/office assistant staff.
In addition, the position serves as a liaison to the university community at large and educational agencies throughout the State of Colorado.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Program Management - assist with decision making policy, program evaluation and analysis, planning, organizing and coordinating program operations.
- Personnel Management - assist with the hiring, training, and scheduling of Pre-Collegiate academic year and summer institute staff.
Aid in the coordination of the Pre-Collegiate Program (i.e., student identification/recruitment/selection for target schools, student advising, Saturday Academies, develop/coordinate/supervise student events, etc.):
- Assist Director with written documentation, information collections/retrieval, create program data documents, scheduling, student progress reports and, student academic advising.
- Assist Director and High School Assistant Director in the coordination of Summer Residential Program events and provide support to summer instructional staff. Have common knowledge regarding University of Colorado operations to be able to interface with other University departments.
- Resolve problems that may occur regarding program operations and/or student-related problems.
Serve as Pre-Collegiate Liaison:
- Work with the university community and the community-at-large, educational agencies, target middle schools (i.e., counselors, students and parents) for outreach, counseling, referrals, dissemination of program information, and to address other needs related to the personal and academic growth of the Pre-Collegiate student.
- Assist in establishing liaison relationships with school guidance counselors, students, parents, and CU Boulder Department contacts.
What you should know:
This position will require working on 15-20 Saturdays during the academic year.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position is $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 depending on experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be inclusive. Be inspired. Be empowered. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least one year of experience in conducting outreach and delivery of educational service to targeted populations.
What you will need:
- Ability to develop and/or experience in developing target population partnerships and programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be highly competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other commonly used computer programs.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a strongly cohesive team.
- A commitment to follow through on multiple projects.
What we'd like you to have:
- Conversational Spanish skills, or a willingness to learn the language to communicate with Spanish speaking parents.
- An interest in professional development and continued education opportunities.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by July 27, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10245.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10030 - Diversity & Equity
Posting Date: Jul 13, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 27, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00629529