Crew Leader II
Crew Leader II
Crew Leader II
Facilities-Gen - 152000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 12:30 am - 9 am
Facilities is a service organization responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance, and repair of University buildings and facilities; and the provision of utilities, vehicle rental, refuse collection, custodial and other services essential to the mission of the University of North Texas.
For more information go to http://www2.facilities.unt.edu
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Crew Leader II to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide training and leadership to assigned crew members in the performance of cleaning tasks, including but not limited to: dusting, sweeping/vacuuming, trash removal, wet and dry mopping, restroom cleaning, disinfection, and glass cleaning.
* Perform daily quality assurance inspections of assigned work areas to ensure that cleaning is being completed in accordance with department specifications and standards of cleaning.
* Promote good relations with customers and communicate to supervisor any concerns that may arise.
* Forward supply and equipment orders to immediate supervisor and monitor the usage of supplies and equipment at assigned sites.
* Assist Supervisor in documenting employee job performance; schedule job duties ensuring fair and equitable assignments; maintain records and reports including documentation and scheduling of leave.
* Perform cleaning tasks as required.
* Assist with periodical work such as, but not limited to: stripping and waxing of floors, carpet cleaning, and window washing.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a high school diploma/GED equivalent and three years related experience with some experience in a lead or supervisory role. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to keep records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to direct and manage the work of others.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring).
* Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating equipment, and lifting.
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
* Valid driver's license and ability to drive a vehicle, and maintain coverage under University auto insurance policy, if required to drive University vehicles.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge of floor care.
* Ability to supervise numerous employees.
* Knowledge of cleaning schedules and use of chemicals.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting