Graphic Design Specialist
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Graphic Design Specialist
Public Relations - 7010640
Strategic Communications & Positioning
Cover Letter, Resume
The Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for conceiving, designing and coordinating the production of a variety of media in support of key College initiatives. This position will collaborate with other members of the Office of Public Relations to implement the creative vision and direction of materials that will engage key stakeholders and visually tell the "Game changing" story of GGC. This will include moving projects through from concept to final delivery with attention to accuracy and creativity.
- Conceives, designs and coordinates the production of a variety of media
- Collaborates with team members on a variety of projects and may assign tasks to individuals as part of the project management process through which the department manages projects and workload
- Conceptualizes and designs original institution-wide materials including print, digital and related media with attention to accuracy and creativity
- Consults with and provides excellent customer service to College clients, including Admissions, Enrollment Management, Advancement and academic units, to determine project requirements and priorities to ensure timely production of marketing materials. Additionally, fosters positive relationships with outside vendors to ensure high-quality and timely delivery
- Organizes and manages multiple project time lines simultaneously using a division wide project management software and provides weekly status reports. Manages and maintains a catalog of all assets and supporting design files
- Maintains oversight of the College's graphic and copy standards and provides oversight of artwork approvals for clients across campus to ensure they meet College graphic and branding standards
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in graphic design, fine art design or related discipline
Five or more years in professional commercial design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency or in higher education
Excellent proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Thorough knowledge of the principles and techniques used in publication layout and design, including current design trends, graphic applications, paper, composition and photography
Understanding of offset printing techniques and limitations as related to parameters for designing print materials and preparing for output
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Manage project progress using a division wide project management software
- Adaptive design eye and skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive feedback from peers and clients
- Experience in both print and electronic media
- Ability to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs
- Understanding of how marketing campaigns work
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position requires local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).