OB/GYN Revenue Specialist
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $116,200
UCR Health is a team of physicians, specialists and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the health of Inland Southern California residents and families by bringing health home to our communities. Established alongside the School of Medicine at the University of California, Riverside, UCR Health is growing to meet the healthcare needs of the region - bringing innovative, culturally sensitive medical care to our communities. Our patient-centered primary care and specialty services deliver university-based healthcare excellence and innovation to the communities where we live, work and play. To learn more about UCR Health, please visit: www.ucrhealth.org Principal revenue manager/coder for the OB/GYN-Women's Health department. Primary liaison between the UCR Health billing department/vendor and the department chair. Works collaboratively with each department leadership on the complex and comprehensive management, analysis, organizational development and education of all activities related to professional fee billing and collections for the women's health department. Essential to this position is a comprehensive understanding of all patient care services, registration and scheduling, billing activity and financial reporting in adherence to university guidelines. Responsible for fostering effective communication of billing issues and trends between billing and the department chair as well as other revenue cycle stakeholders.
Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate the effectiveness of workflows and systems in revenue cycle program areas, to identify weaknesses and develop innovative solutions and process improvements.
Advanced communications skills, with the ability to interpret and convey complex clinical finance information in a clear, concise manner. Ability to prepare compelling and informative reports and presentations to all levels of staff and management.
Advanced interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively on highly-complex projects in a team environment with a wide variety of business and clinical areas.
Advanced skills in report development, dashboard design, and various software tools specific to healthcare revenue cycle management. Skills in common database, spreadsheet and presentation software.
In-depth understanding of the issues, processes, reporting instruments, metrics, dashboard design, and other tools and techniques involved with measuring and analyzing the revenue cycle.
In-depth knowledge of the practices, procedures, and concepts of the healthcare revenue cycle and its component operations, including billing, collections, charge capture, contractual adjustments, third-party reimbursements, and cash management.
Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
Strong ability to advise management, serving as a technical expert, providing proposals for improvement and guidance on regulatory changes and industry trends and developments in revenue cycle management.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview