SHRA Budget Analyst
Position Number 14210
Position Classification Title Budget Analyst
Functional Title SHRA Budget Analyst
Position Type Staff
Internal Posting, Permanent UNCG Employees Will Only Be Considered
Financial Planning & Budgets provides basic information and guidance to all departments/schools and offices of the University concerning the establishment, revision, reporting, administration and control of budgets as directed by the Chancellor, Board of Governors, State Budget Director and North Carolina General Statutes.
Financial Planning & Budgets coordinates the preparation of the biennial budget request and administers those budgets when approved. The office also administers budgets for auxiliary operations, the Chancellor's allocation of unrestricted gifts and investment income, student fees and overhead receipts. The office plays an integral role in the issuance of bonds to finance self-supporting construction projects and prepares financial projections for auxiliary operations and student fees.
The budgetary administration of state and trust accounts are administered under state budget policy. The nature of each account type determines whether formal budgetary controls are required. Ultimate responsibility for accountability, administration and control of all budgets has been delegated by the Chancellor to the Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs.
THIS POSITION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Managing the University's State Operating Budget
- Ensuring the salaries are recorded correctly
- University Debt Issue Reporting Backup
- Carry-forward monitoring
- Business Affairs budget coordination and execution
- Distance and Regular Term course pair cost analysis (when required)
- Preparing additional reports and analyses as requested
ESSENTIAL TASKS INCLUDE:
- Development and execution of the Reversion Plan, the biennial Continuation and Results Based Budgeting, the annual Expansion budgets,
- Providing assurance that the budget that is authorized by the Legislature, OSBM, and internal transfers agree to the authorized budget by purpose and account,
- Providing information for the State Operating Budget Book and Student Fee Budget Book,
- Rolling the state operating budgets from one year to the next,
- Managing the final approval for all budget flexibility transfers,
- Preparation of materials for University debt issues and required annual continuing disclosure,
- Record and track the annual carry-forward,
- Work with the various departments and administrative unit managers within Business Affairs to plan and manage their state budgets,
- Coordinate and prepare reports for the course pair comparisons between Regular Term and Distance Education courses to determine the cost difference between the two methodologies,
- Other duties as defined by supervisor.
Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, or related discipline; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Five to seven (5-7) years higher education experience
- Proficient with Excel
- Familiar with Banner ERP System
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $52,997 - $58,886
Org #-Department Financial Planning & Budgets - 56203
Work Hours of Position 8 A.M.- 5 P.M., Monday - Friday
Job Family Administrative Managerial
Band Budget Analyst
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Knowledge - Professional - Professional knowledge and skill in the position control area. Ability to keep current with developments in higher education position control.
Analytical Thinking - ability to retrieve, organize, and interpret data. Ability to assess situations and provide recommendations. The ability to understand and enforce policies and practices related to position control.
Client/Customer Service - ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients or customers by listening to the client/customer and understanding and responding to identified needs
Decision Making - Knowledge of and ability to use effective approaches for choosing a course of action, developing appropriate solutions, and/or reaching conclusions. Ability to take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated outcomes.
Organizational Sensitivity - Ability to understand the organization's mission, the function of the specific work unit, and how it interrelates with other work units to serve the customer/client. Ability to understand the impact and implications of decisions on the community and other departments.
Communication - Ability to present information to individuals or groups. Ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others.
Open Date 07/13/2017
Close Date 07/21/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 76
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your higher education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a directly related field
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an unrelated field
- Associate's Degree in a directly related field
- Associate's Degree in an unrelated field
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- less than 1 year
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * In order to be considered for this position, you must currently be employed at UNCG on a permanent basis. Are you currently a permanent employee at UNCG?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu