Case Manager (part-time)
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the part-time position of Case Manager. The Case Manager will provide case management services to students with at-risk mental health, behavioral and social support needs through follow-up interactions, interventions and referrals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Case Manager will address the non-clinical needs of students who struggle with mental health and behavioral issues, anger management and relationship conflicts, personality and social adjustment matters, physical health and nutrition, and substance abuse. The Case Manager will:
- Receive referrals from the Alert Team, Conduct Process, and Dean of Students.
- Conduct intake, assessment, referrals of identified students.
- Work flexibly with identified students to ensure proper access to care/services/support.
- Focus on future-based solutions to problems rather than on the origins and history of difficulties.
- Monitor and document progress toward stated goals.
- Help students navigate the student conduct and other university processes.
- Monitor student's return to the university after medical Leave of Absence, Baker Act, AOD hospitalizations, and suspensions.
- Establish a network of off campus service providers.
- Act as the primary action arm of the ALERT Team.
- Maintain records of interactions with students.
- Master's Degree in counseling, social work, or related field.
- Minimum of three to five years full time experience in case management.
- Experience working as a part of a higher education based case management support team preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a diverse caseload.
- Knowledge of behavioral intervention team policies and procedures preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in and experience working with college students including diverse college student populations.
- Experience in crisis assessment and intervention.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to act as a liaison between individuals in need and available on /off campus support services.
- Ability to establish rapport with college aged individuals.
- Ability to maintain records of student interactions
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at email@example.com; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.