Program Assistant V: Gift Poster
Program Assistant V: Gift Poster
University of San Francisco
While reporting to the Associate Director of Development Services, the Program Assistant V will act as a gift poster and a general department coordinator by providing support to the department as a whole. The PA V will work independently and under minimal supervision to manage many pertinent department functions, conferring with the Associate Director when necessary. The PA V will be expected to recommend, develop, and implement new methods and procedures to improve office function, efficiency, and cost savings for the benefit of the department.
• Post donations to the Banner Advancement database, while maintaining a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ensure that all paperwork involved with all gifts is in order, and post gifts directly according to a donor’s wishes.
• Uphold gift posting policies, including PCI Compliance for credit card processing.
• Work with a diverse group that includes donors and high level internal employees on problem resolution for gifts and pledges.
• Act as service liaison for the department with outside second party financial processing outlets. Develop relationships with affiliates of second party institutions, i.e. bank personnel, to expedite any processing issues or errors that may arise if steps are taken that are outside of existing contract language for processing procedures.
• Quickly become accustomed to gift processing practices and assume responsibility to research and provide copies of gift documentation as it is requested by the office of Accounting and Business Services for general questions and during any scheduled audit operations.
• Act as backup for day to day operations. Become familiar with receipting process and generation of reminders and reports should the need arise.
• Provide general support to the department by committing to overall functionality, especially in terms of Copier/Printer and IT requests.
• Assume full responsibility for producing a high quality level of work at all times, especially during the department’s high volume peak periods.
• Direct visitors from the division, and the university at large, to accept donations or field overall questions.
• Assist with donor record updates and pre-report generation database requests while providing meticulous attention to accurate data entry.
• Utilize independent prioritization and organization skills.
• Post-high school education preferred
• Training or experience equivalent to five years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior support role or related education.
• Two years in Accounting field or one year experience in data entry in a large complicated database.
• Advanced experience working with computer database systems, word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Knowledge and experience with Mail Merge is a plus.
• Must be customer service and team oriented.
• Ability to maintain effective relations with students, colleagues, faculty members, and public entities.
• Capability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.