Information Technologist II
Data Science & Analytics DeveloperPosition Summary
Independently meets with customers to determine requirements for predictive data analysis; develop, test and implement complex analyses using a combination of statistical analysis and programming tools; develop, tests and implement complex application solutions including integration with existing software; develop and write code of the highest complexity and participate as an independent, fully functioning professional expert on the Data Analytics team; participate in evaluation of new service offerings, setting technology direction and the general coordination of data science activities; provide training and assistance to customers and internal staff.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related information technology field, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience experience developing reporting and analytics solutions for large organizations; experience developing analytical solutions with customers on projects involving complex and ambiguous use cases; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
- Ability to model and analyze data in statistical tools such as SPSS, SQL, R, SAS, Python, or similar.
- Experience with Cognos Business Intelligence Suite, Excel, SharePoint, MS Power BI, Tableau, R Shiny and other similar analytics tools.
- The ability to use data retrieval and manipulation, statistical, data mining and machine learning tools.
- Ability to develop in Java, C++,and other object oriented languages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Clearly articulate analytics results and methods to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication skills including, presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of and experience with data warehousing design and OLAP data models.
- Understanding of data structures and the ability to write SQL against a variety of data sources including, but not limited to, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Familiarity with statistical data models used in predictive and prescriptive analytics.