Web & Graphic Designer - Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
The office of the Dean for the divisions of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences is the administrative office directly responsible for guiding, coordinating and applying academic, financial and human resources policies for the fifteen departments and schools housed in AHSS. Ten AHSS departments offer graduate degrees and certificates (MA, MFA, MM, MS, MPP and PhD).
The part-time Web & Graphic Designer will work closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications to design, develop and maintain our print and digital marketing materials and web content for the divisions of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. The work includes initial concept designs to printer-ready files for all print materials, including brochures, event collateral, banners, and more, as well as design and development of website, e-newsletter and social media marketing content. The designer will follow DU's branding guidelines and the AHSS visual identity guidelines, and coordinate relationships with vendors and consultants as needed. The designer will also manage and archive AHSS print and digital assets.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Development and production of AHSS print and digital marketing materials and content.
- Consultation and implementation of division marketing plans.
- Coordinate relationships with vendors and consultants (i.e. pricing, billing, and production).
- Manage and archive digital assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal language skills.
- Basic skills as they relate to execution of job duties.
- Excellent reasoning ability, with ability to manage simultaneous projects and responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High school degree.
- Two to three years of web or graphic design experience working with clients or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Strong writing skills.
- Bachelor's degree in web design, graphic design, or related discipline.
- Experience with Wordpress or other CMS.
- Video editing (Adobe Premiere Pro CC) skills.
Approximately 15-20 hours per week. To be coordinated with hiring manager.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, July 28, 2017
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For questions about this position, please contact Annetta Crecelius, Director of Marketing and Communications, at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references.
- Link to online portfolio or a PDF of work examples.
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 5 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.