Orange Coast College
Salary: $54,429.00 - $71,739.00 Annually
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.cccd.edu/employment. Please click on OPEN POSITIONS located in the menu bar on the left, then select your desired jobs category to access list of open positions.
Under the direction of the Director, Maintenance & Operations, to plan, supervise, organize, inspect, and evaluate the work of custodial personnel involved in the cleaning and maintenance of buildings and facilities; to participate in custodial work; to prepare and maintain related records and reports, and perform related duties as assigned. The emphasis for this position is on the custodial trade, however the incumbent will oversee grounds and maintenance staff assigned on the graveyard shift.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Plan, organize, coordinate, inspect, supervise and evaluate the work of custodial, grounds, and maintenance staff in the upkeep of college facilities.
b. Work with custodial, grounds and maintenance crews as a working supervisor on the graveyard shift.
c. Provide training to staff in the proper and efficient performance of custodial duties and give instructions to assure proper care and use of equipment and materials.
d. Prepare, maintain, and review various budgets and purchase orders related to custodial operations, including time cards.
e. Maintain and issue custodial supplies; requisition supplies and parts, including price comparisons for needed items.
f. Inspect and evaluate the condition of the physical plant, equipment, machinery, parking lots, roadways, and sidewalks and make recommendations to immediate supervisor.
g. Prepare and implement a schedule of equipment for preventive maintenance.
h. Maintain an inventory of supplies, equipment, and tools.
i. Coordinate with maintenance on special events requiring assistance in set up and breakdowns.
j. May coordinate with Campus Public Safety staff for emergency situations.
k. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Building and safety codes; materials, tools, equipment, and methods used in the custodial trade, and in the repair and maintenance of buildings and related facilities.
2. Principles and practices of supervision and training.
3. Modern cleaning methods, including basic methods of cleaning and preserving floors, blackboards, whiteboards, carpets, furniture, walls, fixtures, locker rooms, and restrooms.
4. Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
5. Assist in the development and implementation of a plan for custodial, grounds, and maintenance care at a college.
6. Keep and maintain records.
7. Read and understand blueprints.
8. Read and understand the classified contract.
9. Train, supervise and evaluate personnel.
10. Operate a vehicle, observing legal and defensive driving practices.
11. Possess and maintain a valid unrestricted California Drivers License and operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices.
12. Understand and carry out both oral and written instructions.
13. Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
14. Work a flexible schedule, when required e.g. during emergencies.
Education and Experience:
15. Minimum one year previous custodial supervisor experience or three years of progressive leadership responsibility in the custodial trade.
16. Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required equivalent qualifications.
Conditions of Employment
This is a full time, 12 month per year position. The normal hours of work are between 9:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., Monday through Thursday and 3:30 p.m to 12:00 a.m on Fridays. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
SALARY: Salary range is based on the 2016-17 Classified Management Salary Schedule (GG) - Pay Grade 12. The District provides medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee and eligible dependents and life insurance for the employee.
PAY PHILOSOPHY: All movement on the salary schedule will occur July 1 of each year for all classified management employees.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer