Orange Coast College
Salary: $37,116.00 - $45,204.00 Annually
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.cccd.edu/employment. Please click on OPEN POSITIONS located in the menu bar on the left, then select your desired jobs category to access list of open positions.
Under the general supervision of the Custodial Supervisor, to perform the routine custodial services required to maintain assigned buildings and adjacent ground areas in a clean, orderly, and secure condition; to perform related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Empty various trash containers, align furniture, clean, polish, wax, dust, and wash various surfaces daily or periodically to predetermined standards.
b. Secure assigned buildings and campus areas.
c. Perform routine maintenance and repairs on buildings and equipment.
d. Complete reports on pre-printed forms.
e. Wax, wash, polish, and dust furniture to preserve life and appearance of furniture.
f. Maintain various types of chalkboards and white boards using equipment appropriate for the various surfaces.
g. Clean and ready boards for the next day's class sessions.
h. Arrange furniture and equipment in configuration appropriate for needs of group facilities.
1. Basic English writing skills to complete reports.
2. Basic math.
3. Proper methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the custodial trade.
4. Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
5. Use simple tools and to make non technical reports.
6. Communicate on a telephone and hand held two way radio.
7. Use power cleaning equipment, such as: scrubbers, buffers, wet and dry vacuums, rotary shampooer, steam cleaner, dry foam shampooer.
8. Change various types of lights, such as incandescent, fluorescent, mercury, vapor, and exit lights.
9. Establish an efficient work process, adjust to change in workload, and efficiently accomplish the duties assigned for the day.
10. Operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices and possession of a valid, appropriate, and unrestricted California Driver's License.
11. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
12. Work without direct supervision.
13. Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience:
14. A combination of training, education and experience that would provide the required qualification.
Conditions of Employment
This is a full time, 12 month per year position. The normal hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 9:30pm - 6:00am and Friday, 3:30pm - 12:00am (graveyard shift). The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
PAY PHILOSOPHY: All movement on the salary schedule will occur July 1 of each year for all classified employees.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer