Graduate Assistant, Library
The Library at Lewis University invites applications for a Graduate Assistant to be responsible for providing routine research services and assistance to the instruction service for library users and assisting the Director with publicizing other library services and events. The Graduate Assistant (GA) must be available to work nights (until Midnight) and weekends.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Assist the Director with the preparation and deployment of the libraries instructional service
- Assist the Director with promoting the library services and appearing at sanctioned events to the university community, and must be outgoing and comfortable engaging students
- Collaborate with library staff to compile data used for library assessment
- Provide routine research services to assist library users with the proper use of online databases, print materials and other library resources
- During Super Study supervise, coordinate and monitor the activities/duties of student workers in absence of the Circulation Supervisors
- Perform all duties associated with opening and closing the library.
Bachelor’s degree required. Must be enrolled in and maintain satisfactory progress in a graduate program at Lewis University. Must have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have some proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Office. Some evening, weekend and overnight hours are required.
Some previous library experience and familiarity with online coursework and online tools (e. g., Blackboard).
How to Apply:
For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2413
Lewis University is an increasingly dynamic institution. We offer a competitive stipend for the Graduate Assistant position as well as graduate tuition.
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.