Applications Support Specialist
Duties: Under direction of the Director for Application & Web Services, the Applications Support Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and support of 3rd-party (PC and Web-based) applications which integrate into and/or enhance the functionality of the college’s ERP, Ellucian Colleague. Serving as a member of the Application & Web Services team, the Applications Support Specialist also assists with technical support over the phone and in person. The Applications Support Specialist is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitation activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
1. Third-party software maintenance, support and customer service.
2. Work with vendor support personnel to resolve application issues.
3. Work with other Information Technology staff to implement and maintain 3rd party software.
4. Provide technical support over the phone and face-to-face.
5. Follow standard Application & Web Services operating procedures.
6. Have knowledge of fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment.
7. Assists with software maintenance and activities.
8. Assist in training college staff on installed software.
9. Become familiar with available help resources; stay updated on campus technology changes or problems.
10. Direct calls to appropriate MVCC staff as necessary.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field required. One to three years’ experience working in an end-user computing environment, and experience with PC and/or Macintosh microcomputers required.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily as well as exhibit excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:15 pm
Review of Applications Begins: 07/27/2017
Special Instructions to Applicants: To ensure consideration, please apply prior to the review date.
Please apply on-line to: https://jobs.morainevalley.edu/postings/1672