Adjunct Faculty - Various Positions (Part-Time)
POSITION: Adjunct Faculty – Various Positions (Part-Time)
LOCATION: Baker of Flint
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire individuals to be assigned to the positions of ADJUNCT FACULTY – VARIOUS POSITIONS (PART-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker of Flint.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The primary purpose of the Part-Time Adjunct Faculty person is to teach courses in areas of their expertise.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Criminal Justice: Master's in criminal justice or related field required. Extensive experience in criminal justice, law enforcement, corrections, juvenile justice etc. required
- Chemistry: PhD preferred; Master’s degree in Chemistry or Master’s degree in another area with 18 semester hours of graduate work in Chemistry required
- BioChemistry: PhD preferred; Master’s degree in BioChemistry or Master’s degree in another area with 18 semester hours of graduate work in BioChemistry required
- Health Science: Master degree in one of the biological sciences, or Master degree in another area with 18 semester hours of graduate work in related field, or Master degree in a healthcare profession and documentation of an anatomy and physiology course with lab component required
- Nursing: Master of Science Degree in Nursing and RN credential or evidence of a plan to obtain Master of Science Degree in Nursing; plus Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification required; Current state RN license required; MSN preferred
- Mental Health
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and the Internet
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to teach daytime, evening, and weekend classes for the above courses
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach up to a maximum 12 credit hours per quarter
- Revise, review and/or develop curriculum, as needed
- Complete all required professional development/training
- Collect and submit required assessment of student learning data
- Participate in appropriate campus and system committees, meetings, projects, and activities
- Other duties as assigned
WORK SCHEDULE: Varies by course section
REPORTS TO: Program Directors
STARTING DATE: TBD by course availability and Program Directors
COMPENSATION: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by July 31, 2017 in care of:
Baker College Professional Services, Inc.-CAMPUS
Human Resource Department
Baker of Flint’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at http://www.baker.edu/media/ckfinder/files/Security-Report-FL.pdf. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker of Flint Campus Safety office.