Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Department: Advancement Marketing and Strategic Partnerships
The Manager of Corporate Partnerships is responsible for the comprehensive management of University-wide (global) corporate partnerships, corporate donors, and cause-related marketing partners. The manager of Corporate Partnerships serves as the primary contact with select corporate partners and is charged with strengthening and expanding the relationship between USD and the corporate partner. Responsibilities include prospecting and identifying, cultivating, negotiating and securing new cause-related marketing programs, sponsorships, licensing agreements, corporate account management, corporate database and records management, sponsor benefit fulfillment, oversight of integration into special events – with special emphasis on the biennial Founders' Gala, and aggressive program marketing that generates revenue, in-kind products and services, awareness, and donor engagement to USD. In addition, the manager of Corporate Partnerships supports the day-to-day operation of corporate development work and oversees the execution of corporate marketing campaigns and promotions with sponsors and other campus entities or activities.
This position functions under the general guidance and direction of the associate vice president for Advancement Marketing and Strategic Partnerships. This position may supervise any internal or outside vendors/contractors, student workers, and volunteers contributing to corporate relations and partnerships efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Corporate Partnership Development
• Prospect, negotiate, secure, and implement corporate partnerships on behalf of the University of San Diego through coordinated work directly with those individuals and offices on campus determined to have special interest in the relationships, including fundraising colleagues.
• Serve as the creative force in the development of corporate sponsorship sales materials, sponsorship appeals, and sponsor-oriented special events.
• Participate in the development of the promotional aspects of sponsorship and licensing agreements.
• Coordinate with University leadership to ensure their support and participation in corporate fundraising endeavors.
Corporate Sponsorship Fulfillment
• Manage fulfillment of all promotional elements of sponsorship agreements including press releases, publications, logo usage, and partnership marketing events and materials.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all sponsorship, auction item solicitation, fulfillment, and coordination of corporate support and involvement for the biennial Founders' Gala that includes, but not limited to, vendor contracts and procurement of in-kind goods and services, donations, assisting with solicitations, managing corporate guest lists, tickets and other event fulfilment, acknowledgements, and evaluations.
• Maintain responsibility for oversight and compliance for assigned prospects under the university's prospect management system.
• Ensure sponsorship promotion and recognition (as agreed) in University programs and special events through University-wide departmental cooperation and collaboration.
Corporate Sponsorship Fundraising
• Personally solicit corporate sponsors through phone calls and face-to-face interaction.
• Directly contribute to fundraising goals as established by the vice president for University Relations and associate vice president of Advancement Marketing and Strategic Partnerships for corporate dollars raised and contacts made.
•Bachelor's degree required.
• Three to five years' experience in corporate fundraising, sponsorship development and sales, cause marketing, event planning, or relevant experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required as well as exceptional critical listening and thinking skills. Command of the English language, including AP writing style, and standard grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax, and proofreading skill.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a diverse group of corporate leaders, donors, volunteers, and staff members and maintain an attitude that conveys respect.
• Demonstrated success and experience in the administration, planning, marketing, and recruitment of corporate sponsors, corporate partnership relationships, corporate fundraising, promotional licensing, or cause-related marketing partnerships either in the for-profit or non-profit sector.
• Experience with budgetary management and revenue generation.
• Strong special event planning and execution skills; specifically those tied to fundraising i.e. silent and live auctions, raffles, etc.
• Demonstrated success exercising leadership and management skills, including the ability to build consensus among varying groups within an organization.
•Must be able to work independently, taking initiative and be able to ascertain priorities in a dynamic environment of regular interruptions, multiple projects, and deadlines.
• A commitment to quality, client-oriented service.
• Ability to develop external sources of support.
• Ability to define, articulate, and support a campus-wide program for the development of corporate sponsorships.
• Ability to successfully prioritize multiple demands for successful corporate fundraising.
• Must be outgoing, friendly, and personable as well as comfortable networking in a variety of situations and meeting with and relating to new people.
• Must be willing to occasionally work after standard work hours and on weekends.
Special Qualifications of Employment:
•Must possess a valid California driver's license. Must be willing to drive university or personal vehicle to on and off-campus locations to make in-person solicitations and attend events.
•Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, depending on the nature of the event or activity.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week; usual work hours Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with some evenings and weekends
Closing date: July 28, 2017
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus.For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org