Assistant Director of Student Development
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Stockton University, an academically competitive Liberal Arts University in Galloway, New Jersey, is seeking an experienced student activities professional to provide activities board and club advisement, development of a comprehensive programing calendar, student leadership training, and major concert management.
Under the supervision of the Director of Student Development, the Assistant Director is responsible for the following:
- Provide training, advisement and support to the Stockton Entertainment Team.
- Coordinate and develop a comprehensive evening and weekend programming calendar.
- Serve as advisor to assigned clubs/organizations.
- Assist in the development of training programs for student club and organization officers.
- Provide training and support to multicultural organizations and assist in developing a collaborative and diverse programming calendar.
- Assist in the planning, collaboration and support of major programs including Welcome Week, Major Concert, Homecoming and Civic Engagement programs.
- Participate in the S.O.A.R. program.
- Coordinate and develop student leadership development programs.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate paraprofessional and graduate staff of the Office of Student Development.
- Provide on-site support/assistance for evening/weekend programs as needed.
- Assist in the development of student learning outcomes, retention activities and assessment projects for the Office of Student Development.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Development, Associate Dean of Students and/or Dean of Students.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
The salary is U24, $59,624.08 - $68,536.94 and is accompanied by an extremely competitive university benefits package.
- Master’s Degree in Student Affairs or Related Field
- 1 - 3 years in a college setting as a student affairs professional
- Experience with student programing and organizational support
- 3 - 5 years professional experience as a student affairs professional
- A strong preference will be given to those with activities board and major concert experience
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume
- A list of 3 references (included in the application): Name, Company, Email address and Phone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.