SUNY Cobleskill is seeking a qualified individual to join it's Admissions team as an Admissions Assistant. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for the following:
- Manage a recruitment territory including: annual visits to high schools, attending college fairs, hosting recruitment events, communication/outreach, and annual progress reports.
- Work to track, complete, and yield applications for an assigned region. This includes assisting with the processing of applicant mail, filing, data entry, and outreach.
- Review completed applications for admission.
- Maintain comprehensive databases to track progress and construct regional reports.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with high school counselors and other admissions professionals.
- Actively participate in staff meetings, training programs, and campus recruitment programs.
- Maintain daily communication with the office during all recruitment trips.
- Provide comprehensive scheduling of recruitment activities and events including detailed travel itinerary and budget information. Recommend updates and revisions as needed. Submit annual travel and expense reports.
- Maintain positive working relations with Offices of Financial Aid, Campus life, Residential Life, the Registrar and Student Accounts. Maintain strong working knowledge of student policies and procedures within each of these departments.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Willingness to travel within an assigned territory
- Ability and experience working with a diverse student population
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team of admissions professionals
- Strong ability to remain organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidate also have:
- A Master's degree
- 3+ years experience in higher education
- This is a full time, 12 month position.
- The anticipated start date for this position is August 2017.
- The salary range for this position is salary grade SL-2, $47,000 - $48,000.
- This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.