Executive Assistant II
Executive Assistant II
Department: President's Office
Oversees the front office reception area and provides excellent, professional customer service. Provides a wide range of administrative support to the Special Assistant, President and Executive Assistant 3 in a fast-paced executive office setting. This position must have excellent and proficient writing and research skills with experience in taking and transcribing meeting minutes. Composes and prepares letters, correspondence, briefing materials and reports; prepares spreadsheets and presentations for the President. Staffs and supports the Special Assistant on tasks pertaining to the Board of Trustees. Provides support to the Executive Assistant 3 in organizing special events and preparing calendars and itineraries. The Special Assistant to the President supervises this position. The Executive Assistant 2 will supervise work study students in the absence of the Special Assistant and Executive Assistant 3.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Oversees the front office reception area and provides excellent customer service when answering multiple phone lines, greeting guests and responding to inquiries; and provides a calming and professional demeanor.
• Composes and prepares letters, correspondence, briefing materials and reports, including the use of field merges. Handles confidential and personal correspondence for the President and Special Assistant.
• Prepares spreadsheets and presentations with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Prezi, and other presentation software. Conducts research, collects and analyzes data for presentations and reports.
• Takes and transcribes meeting minutes for the President's Cabinet meetings; assists in managing and updating the President's Cabinet Portal in SharePoint.
• Oversees the daily appointments of the President and Special Assistant ensuring flow of meetings are on schedule; assists with confirming, adjusting, or canceling appointments; reserves guests parking and meeting rooms; prepares materials for meetings; and handles any other duties (as assigned) as it relates to planning and coordinating meetings.
• With the Executive Assistant 3, supports the Special Assistant in matters pertaining to the Board of Trustees: prepares and organizes materials for mailings and quarterly meetings; maintains and updates Board of Trustees records and governing documents including the confidential Board of Trustees Portal in SharePoint.
• Assists the Special Assistant and Executive Assistant 3 in coordinating events and planning meetings for President's Office and Board of Trustees.
• Assists the Executive Assistant 3 in preparing daily and weekly calendars for the Special Assistant and President.
• In conjunction with the Special Assistant and Executive Assistant 3, prepares mass email messages for distribution from the President's Office; reviews and edits submitted mass email messages to comply with university mass email requirements and AP style.
• In the absence of the Executive Assistant 3, assumes responsibilities (some of which are noted below):
• Prepares calendars and travel itineraries.
• Manages the flow of documents from various offices requiring signature of the President or Special Assistant and monitors the timely signing of important university documents.
• Manages incoming mail for the President and Special Assistant. Completes action(s) needed prior to distribution of opened mail to each person.
• Assists in managing the complex filing systems for the President's Office; direct organization of all files, including confidential personnel information; review reservation requests and approve usage of the conference rooms assigned to the President's Office; oversees and organizes storage rooms/closets and keeps inventory of all supplies and materials.
• Assists in ordering office supplies and runs errands, keeping necessary supplies in stock for the President's Office, Board of Trustees and President's home.
• Supervises work study students in the absence of the Special Assistant and Executive Assistant 3; handles duties and responsibilities of work study students during their off hours.
• Handles all other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in a fast-paced executive level office required with experience in higher education preferred. Up to three additional years of experience may substitute for the education requirement.
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong background in preparing reports and presentations with Excel, PowerPoint, Prezi and other software
• Experience in researching and analyzing data
• Experience in taking and transcribing meeting minutes
• Excellent communication and public relations skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Must be able to adapt to changes in technology and computer software
• Must be able to shift priorities in a moment's notice
• Must have the ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with diverse personalities and backgrounds
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills and must be flexible and adjust to the changing needs of the office
• Thorough knowledge of current office practice and procedures, good business English and proofreading skills
• Attention to detail a must
• Background in higher education preferred
• Must be able to represent the office in a professional manner, to include dressing in appropriate business attire
• Understanding of business/social etiquette and protocol
• Flexibility in schedule may be required to work early mornings, evenings and weekends when necessary
• Must be able to maintain composure during difficult times
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Understand the University's unique culture, protocols, and power structure. Understand what makes the University different from peer institutions. Know the rules of social protocol. Possess a high degree of confidentiality, tact and discretion. Sensitive to the cultures and concerns of various constituencies. Possess the ability to handle contacts with high level donors, Board of Trustees, external contacts, etc. with poise, tact and equanimity. Possess the ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and handle routine challenges. Be committed to providing a high level of service to all and working in a team environment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week for 9 months, significantly reduced hours for 3 months per year (tentatively scheduled for January and mid-June through mid-August).
Closing date: July 28, 2017
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus.For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application and be sure to upload your resume for full consideration. In addition to your resume, you are strongly encouraged to upload a cover letter to your application profile for the hiring managers' review.If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com