Learning Spaces Technician
SUNY Geneseo seeks applicants for a Learning Spaces Technician. The technician will provide support for technology in academic classrooms and other collaborative spaces, including responding to calls from the campus community, troubleshooting equipment problems, and performing installations, upgrades and repairs. The technician will also provide support for in-class web/video conferences and coordinate and assist with recording and live streaming college events and activities. In addition to resolving technical problems, the technician will provide training and documentation for our customers. The technician will work collaboratively with the educational technology group to explore new technologies for learning spaces and establish new services as needed. The selected individual must be able to work evenings and weekends on an occasional basis to support classes and special events.
Salary: high $40s to mid $50s, commensurate with experience.
● A minimum of two years college education or an Associate’s degree or higher in a relevant field, such as Educational Technology or Instructional Technology.
● Minimum of one year professional experience installing, troubleshooting, and configuring technology and audio-visual components.
● Demonstrated technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills in audio-visual technologies.
● Demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Available to work weekends and evenings on occasional basis.
● Bachelor’s degree in educational technology, instructional technology, computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or related field.
● One or more years professional experience in a higher education IT environment.
● Knowledge of computing technologies, audio/visual equipment, and audio/visual control systems.
● Familiarity with configuring and installing control systems, JIRA Insight asset tracking software, and Ensemble streaming and video capturing technology.
● Experience creating documentation, tutorials, and instructional materials.
● Demonstrated enthusiasm for technology and its application to the teaching and learning environment.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Applicants should be prepared to upload a cover letter and resume. In addition, applications should be prepared to supply contact information (email address) for three professional references. References will be contacted at the time of initial interview.
To be guaranteed consideration, applications must be completed by August 10, 2017.