Job Site Supervisor
Supervisor will provide knowledge, skills and experience required to manage the day-to-day field operations of task order and/or large scale Mufti-family and/or commercial exterior cladding construction projects. Supervisors are responsible for the production aspects of the work and are accountable for: producing quality work that is constructed consistent with the standard's set forth in the project's contract documents; for performing the work in a timely and cost effective manner and for maintaining a work environment that is safe and continuously kept clean and orderly. Moreover, Supervisors are the forward face of the company and are responsible for establishing a professional work environment that includes: fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner. The primary focus of the Supervisors is to provide the managerial and leadership skills necessary to accomplish the work by means of subcontractors and to manage the day-today issues of a self-performed workforce.
Construction Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating; monitoring and controlling performance.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Accomplishes construction project results by calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from General Contractors.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Deliver consistent and high quality work utilizing industry standard methodologies and materials.
- Operate and maintain all company vehicles.
- Attend General Contractor progress meetings
- Supervise the delivery & distribution of materials on site
- Coordinate with Project Manager on all sub-contractor scheduling and material ordering.
- Quality Management,
- Supply Management,
- Attention to Detail,
- Quality Focus,
- Willingness to travel
Trade Knowledge and Experience
- Understands all aspects of the building process and reads blueprints expertly.
- Minimum of five years' residential, commercial, and Mufti-Family construction experience.
- Experience in house wrap, stucco, cementitous siding, and stone install are crucial.
- Knowledge of Florida building codes and ASTM's are required.
- Knowledge OSHA safety regulations are required
- Previous experience in managing large multidisciplinary teams
Empire Finish systems is a well established construction company located in Winter Garden, Florida. We have been in business for 25 years, we have projects that rage from Texas to Florida to Maryland.
Winter Garden, FL
Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:50:51 PDT