Director of Public Relations & Marketing
Adams State University is seeking a dynamic, creative, self-motivated individual with excellent technical, oral and written communication skills to oversee internal and external public relations as well as institutional marketing. A state-supported institution in the San Luis Valley of south-central Colorado, Adams State University offers undergraduate majors, minors and emphases as well as master’s degree programs and a doctoral program. The university is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution.
Specific Job Duties (Essential Functions and Responsibilities):
The Director of Public Relations and Marketing is a newly-created position responsible for planning, development and implementation of marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.This position directs the efforts of the public relations and marketing staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the institution.
Public Relations Functions
- Oversees public relations and communications, news media relations, legislative relations, and information office services.
- Supports the president and board of trustees with public communication as needed.
- Creates copy for brochures and articles for publication. Prepares and disseminates information to the internal college and university community as well as to local and state media.
- Promotes and publicizes institutional activities and programs.
- Leads crisis management efforts.
- Provides marketing leadership to the university community.
- Advises and assists the senior leadership of academic and administrative units in establishing goals, developing suitable strategies and tactics, implementing programs, and evaluating results.
- Designs, coordinates and evaluates the effectiveness of university-wide marketing programs and projects.
- Positions the University as a national leader among Hispanic-Serving Institutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of five years professional experience in public relations, marketing, and/or related areas. Senior-level experience preferred.
- Supervisory and budget oversight experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Understanding of higher education trends and student recruitment.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, organize and prioritize multiple projects, set and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated technology proficiency with various software applications.
- Proven ability to assimilate and implement new media trends and technologies for marketing.
- Ability to perform with a high degree of diplomacy, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to perform above primary duties.
Conditions of Employment:
This position is a full-time, 12-month exempt at-will administrative position with benefits. This position reports to the president of Adams State University.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience. Adams State University offers a competitive benefits package.
Required Application Materials:
- Letter of application, describing interest in and directly addressing qualifications of the position.
- Current resume/vitae.
- Names and contact information of three to five professional references.
- Unofficial or official transcripts from all post-secondary education institutions attended (official transcripts required upon hiring).
Please submit all application materials to:
Kendra Marquez, Office of Enrollment Management
Adams State University
208 Edgemont Boulevard, Suite 2090
Alamosa, CO 81101
Review of complete applications will begin as applications are received through July 31, 2017.
Adams State University is dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks on persons offered positions at the university prior to employment as described in the background check policy.
Adams State University performs background checks as a condition of employment for prospective employees and current employees seeking certain promotional opportunities. Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of an acceptable background check. Applicants will be asked to provide personal data and sign a release form before the background check is conducted. Applicants who fail to provide the data and consent form will not be considered for employment or promotion. Background checks include review of criminal and financial records and sex offender registry background. Credit and driving record background may apply to certain positions.
In compliance with the Immigration Control Act of 1986, candidates for positions must provide proof of eligibility to work before an offer of employment can be made final.
Adams State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Applications are sought from all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, disability, and, as covered by law, veteran status. In addition, University policies prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation including transgender status and gender expression, marital status, and parental status.
The university is dedicated to fostering Inclusive Excellence, the recognition that the university’s success depends upon valuing, engaging, and including the rich diversity of students, staff, faculty, and administrators. Given the university’s mission and student body composition, the department is actively seeking qualified applicants who have experiences, skills, and/or personal attributes that reflect perspectives that can further broaden our students’ educational experience. We will give preference to qualified applicants with experience in ethnically diverse settings, who possess varied language skills, or who have a record of research that supports diverse communities, or a record of teaching a student population that includes historically underrepresented groups and other at-risk populations. Additional information about the university may be found at www.adams.edu.
Apply for Director of Public Relations & Marketing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly