About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-070
Posting Start Date: 7/12/2017
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Job Summary: Provides secretarial support to administrative staff including appointments, correspondences, grant proposals, and filing. Assist with office services such as purchasing (FMIS), payroll, records control, and other administrative activities for the head of the department/ division.
- Provide administrative support for the unit by answering telephones, relays messages, and greets visitors. Opens, sorts, and screens mail. Picks up and delivers materials as required.
- Operates office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, and calculator. Operates personal computer to assess e-mail, electronic calendars, and Microsoft Office Suite. Types and transcribes routine correspondence, takes meeting minutes, and reports from dictation or handwritten copy using personal computer.
- Performs data entry operations. Assists with maintaining calendar, scheduling appointments and meeting rooms. Assists with making routine travel accommodation arrangements.
- Files in alphanumeric order and locates material from files. Assists with special events planning.
- Assists in formatting and preparation of manuscripts, grant report updates, statistical reports, tables, and charts using knowledge of scientific, medical, literary, or other technical terms.
- Completes carious request forms for office supplies and equipment as directed. Assists with an implements office services such as payroll, purchasing, records control, projects and budget accounting operations.
- Assists with/and/or participates in the preparation of the budget. Interprets and communicates operating policies. Assists with data collection and preparation of search and hire documents, financial and operational reports. Locates and compiles information and formats reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information.
- Associate's Degree required
- Four (4) years of related administrative assistant or customer service experience required.
- Additional education may be substituted for years of related experience in higher education.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.