English Language Instructor/Tutor - Part Time Faculty (non-credit)
The Montgomery College, Westfield South Campus, is currently accepting applications for an opening for an adjunct faculty member to provide instructional support/tutoring for English language/basic skills learners in a new grant-funded information technology training program. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Utilizing a contextualized approach, faculty member will be expected to tutor and/or teach English language and workplace readiness/ soft skills to ESOL students enrolled in an information technology program
• Faculty member will be required to abide by all College policies and procedures
• Faculty member will be expected to prepare materials and maintain records on student progress and needs
• Faculty member will work as member of a team of content area instructors and staff providing ancillary support to program participants.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• A Bachelor's degree is required.
• A minimum of 3 years ESOL instruction
• Experience with Microsoft Office and using technology in the classroom
• Faculty member should have clear interest in learning about information technology
• Faculty member should be committed to contextualizing and embedding English language and workplace instruction into IT content.
• Experience in curriculum development and planning preferred
• Experience in information technology preferred
• Experience teaching vocational ESOL preferred
• A Master's degree in TESOL or related field is preferred
• Visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment to apply
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.