The Academic Advisor is primarily responsible for the recruitment of new students and advising students of their academic progress.
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Represent the university/center at recruiting events and career days
- Meets with potential students and advises them on academic programs available.
- Mediates minor classroom conflict and miscommunication.
- Responsible for reaching out to students regarding important deadlines and other information pertaining to university policy and updates.
- Plan and manage at least one information session per term
- Plans and executes new student orientations every 8 weeks
- Be knowledgeable about VA benefit procedures and maintain/update files regarding needs to be in compliance (i.e., for BAH eligibility, etc.)
- Processes admissions applications, transcript related documents and tuition sponsorship paperwork.
- Assists new and returning students with course selection.
- Registers students in Datatel system through multi-screen process.
- Maintains and updates student files, including, but not limited to:
- Tracks graduation application and ensures all requirements have been met for degree conferral
- Compiles or assists with student paperwork (Program Update Requests, graduation applications, clearance, etc.).
- Tracks student course loads.
- Updates Salesforce SRM, maintaining communication file updates regularly.
- Encourages students to register for correlating courses needed for their major.
- Work with at risk students to improve their academic performance.
- Follows up on retention efforts including working with students failing at midterm and concentrating on major focused efforts.
- Be a vital and contributing team member
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Center Director
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Customer focused
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to prioritize work, manage time and utilize various computer programs
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Academic or other counseling background preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Salesforce experence strongly preferred.
- Travel to satellite offices in Brooksville, New Port Richey, Spring Hill and Wesley Chapel as needed.
- Weekend and Evening hours are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1488
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo