Assembly Test Technician
This is a Temporary position.
Assist in the set up and operation of pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and electromechanical assemblies for Space, Navy, and/or Aircraft applications. Assemble and test production hardware and their subassemblies using blueprints and other written and verbal specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean, assemble and test various valves and filters following written procedures and other appropriate documentation.
- Interpret assembly setup requirements from written procedures and successfully complete assembly.
- Interpret test system schematics and successfully construct test system by obtaining correct system components and fabrication of stainless steel tubing, including cutting, bending and flaring.
- Interpret test setup requirements from written procedures and successfully test component.
- Perform testing using gases (Nitrogen and helium) and water.
- Perform testing at ambient temperatures as well as extreme cold and hot temperatures during thermal testing.
- Read and interpret test data, and record neatly and accurately on appropriate data sheets. Recognize and report any out-of-family conditions or discrepancies.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Maintain assembly and test setups in good working order.
- Envinronmental Testing with Cryogenic gasses
- High Pressure testing
- Experience with data recording euipment/real time results i.e. Instron, AstroMed and LabView preferred
- Building and testing of valves/regulators
- Background in Space or Aircraft component manufacturing
- Previous experience working in a Cleanroom environment
- Precision cleaning and handling sensitive compoments
A VACCO "B" level A&T technician is an entry level position for technicians with limited exposure and experience in basic fluid dynamics. The technician must have a minimum of 1-year experience in a similar work environment. The technician must be able to setup and operate tools required for assembly including, but not limited to standard hand tools, such as wrenches, screwdrivers, and feeler gauges, vise, arbor press, micrometers, depth mics, calipers and microscope. Basic blueprint reading and comprehension is also required. Must be able to operate equipment required for testing including, but not limited to; multimeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, pressure gauges and transducers, data recorders, load cells, flowmeters. Good verbal and written English communication skills. Basic mathematic skills required to calculate simple formulas and conversions. Strong reasoning ability a must.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of one (1) year similar job experience
for entry level technicians preferably in an aerospace manufacturing environment or a combination of education and work experience. This position requires U.S. Citizenship status to be considered.
VACCO Industries is a leader in the design and manufacture of high-tech fluid flow components for Space, Defense and industrial applications. We offer a flexible 4-day work week, competitive salary and benefits package and a challenging but rewarding work environment.
Position requires that candidates be able to verify their status as a U.S. Citizen.
VACCO Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
South El Monte, CA
Wed, 12 Jul 2017 08:49:06 PDT