Director of Graduate Programs
The Director of Graduate Programs is responsible for the management and administration of the College of Business (COB) Graduate School of Business Administration's (GSBA's) Graduate Programs including the part-time (evening) MBA, the Online MBA and the Master of Science in Accounting (MSA). The Director is responsible for overseeing recruiting, admissions, and program operations to achieve enrollment goals as established by the University and the Dean of the GSBA. The Director is the person most identified with our Graduate Programs and is accountable for program growth and improvement.
The Director works closely with COB Graduate Program staff, Graduate Program Faculty Directors, and other members of the COB faculty and staff as well as current and prospective students and employers. This position will also collaborate with various departments on campus such as the Graduate School, Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, Institutional Research, the Global Engagement Office, etc. Some evenings and travel may be required. Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for management and administration of quality graduate programs.
- Work with faculty to ensure that the academic offerings are current, relevant, competitive, and consistent with an AACSB International accredited institution.
- Responsible for the administration of and compliance with all graduate policies and procedures.
- Maintain graduate program records including appropriate program and student data.
- Serve on the Graduate Programs Admissions Committee and attend the Graduate Executive Committee meetings in a non-voting capacity.
- Work with the Associate Dean, the Assistant Dean, and faculty in ongoing assurance of learning.
- Work with the Director of Undergraduate Programs and Team Leads in scheduling classes.
- Serve as member of the Graduate Team and assists the Faculty Director of Graduate Programs in setting the committee's priorities and agenda.
- Work with the HR Specialist to ensure accuracy of course development contracts and teaching contracts for lecturer and overload graduate courses.
- Coordinate, collaborate, and build relationships with various departments on campus such as the Graduate School, Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, Institutional Research, Global Engagement, etc.
Responsible for the recruitment and marketing strategies/activities of graduate programs.
- Responsible for growing Graduate Program enrollments.
- Coordinate with the Faculty Director of Graduate Programs and COB Marketing to develop marketing strategies, execute advertising campaigns, and create promotional material (printed and online). Responsible for ensuring that the graduate program website and all printed materials are current, effective, and up to date.
- Develop relationships and build mutually beneficial partnerships within the business community to promote the College's Graduate Programs.
- With assistance from the Graduate Program staff, the Director is personally involved in recruiting potential candidates to the program. This includes hosting information sessions and webinars, using social media, and attending community events.
Responsible for the strategic planning, data analysis, and reporting for graduate programs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of trends and opportunities in graduate business education and work with College of Business faculty and staff to pursue appropriate opportunities.
- Work with College of Business faculty and staff to develop relationships with local employers to better understand their needs and expectations.
- With assistance from the Graduate Program staff, campus Institutional Research, and the COB Career Development Center, ensure the accurate reporting of program data to U.S. News and other outside stakeholders.
- Oversee the collection of statistical inquiry, application, enrollment, and graduation data.
- Compile statistics on graduate enrollment and analyze trends and prepare forecasts.
Monitor student performance, resolve issues, and provide student support.
- Identify and implement systems, policies, and processes that will enhance the graduate academic experience and improve service to the student body.
- Responsible for overseeing academic advising including degree plan development, course selections, administrative issues, and graduation compliance.
- Responsible for articulating and ensuring compliance with university and program policies.
- Assist with student events including but not limited to Commencement, Graduation Brunch, Beta Gamma Sigma Induction, etc.
Provide timely and accurate analyses of budgets, project proposals, and business trends.
- Develop and maintain the Graduate Programs' budget and track expenditures.
- Inform Associate Dean about Graduate Program activities.
Oversee the daily operation of the department and coordinate special projects.
- Manage the daily operation of the Graduate Program office.
- Supervise the Graduate Program staff.
- Maintain regular office hours to meet student and community needs.
- Manage the admissions process in collaboration with Graduate Program staff and university Admissions and Records.
- Ability to research and understand the market and trends in graduate business education and corporate environments.
- Ability to work with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
- High level of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to use strategies and skills for setting, embracing and achieving objectives.
- Ability to develop and implement a successful marketing plan/strategy.
- Appropriately express oneself when communicating orally with others.
- Manage various objectives, projects, and groups to make judgment on prioritizing and time.
- Generate productive relationships with internal and external partners.
- Understanding of the necessity and value of teamwork to effectively work as a team.
- Knowledge of data gathering and analysis tools, techniques and processes.
- Knowledge of project planning and development. Plan, organize, and monitor projects.
- Use of office support, desktop tools (Word, e-mail, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to adhere to ethical business practices and promote ethical behavior.
- Utilize appropriate database structures to organize and store data.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Critical thinking in analyzing in-depth data and considering and respecting others input.
- Use programmatic, budgetary, operational, and strategic skills to set and achieve goals.
- Ability to train and supervise employees.
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living, and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and a sex-offender check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business, Education, Public Administration, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least 2 years of experience working with students in a higher education administrative or staff role.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a leadership or a supervisory role.
- Previous MBA and/or Master of Accounting program administration.
- Experience with an AACSB International accredited graduate business program.
- Experience with administration of an online program.
- Experience with campus information systems and reporting tools.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Position is open until filled. Applications submitted by August 13, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Candidates may be asked to complete pre-employment assessments. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire. • Appointment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, to include criminal, and sex-offender checks per campus policy.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:In your cover letter, please describe (in detail) your professional work experience and how it relates to this position.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40025 - College of Business
Posting Date: Jul 12, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Windy Adoretti
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00450103