Structural Trades I
Parking and Transportation Services invites applications for a Structural Trades I. This position performs routine and assigned repairs to parking facility-related equipment, performs trash removal, weed control, hand shoveling of snow, delivers materials to works sites, installs basic parking equipment, and conducts preventive maintenance and inventory functions on parking surface lots and infrastructures. This position is a 90% outside working in all weather conditions.
Who we are:
Facilities Operations and Technical Services unit of Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) is in charge of maintaining all of Parking Services' facilities, structures and equipment, as well as overseeing campus-wide construction as it pertains to and impacts PTS's daily operations and inventories. The field unit is comprised of the Facilities Maintenance Operations and the Technical Field Services. The Facilities Maintenance Operations oversees the bulk of lot maintenance, cleaning, sweeping, and snow removal. The Field Technicians are primarily responsible for the maintenance of all the parking machines, gates and other equipment, revenue collection, sign installation and maintenance, as well as assisting in lot cleaning and snow removal.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Operate vehicles, powered and non-powered tools, hand tools, as well as other equipment to perform routine, preventative and general maintenance on parking lots, parking lot signs, parking structures and other parking areas. Perform snow removal by hand and one snow blower.
- Perform hands-on cleaning and operate power-sweeping equipment, gas-powered power washer, back-pack blowers and vacuums to clean parking garage floors and lot surfaces.
- Perform responsibilities of events parking area supervisor in the field, oversee and attend supervisor briefings, issue events personnel assignments supervise events personnel, oversee distribution of equipment and direct traffic.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $36,924.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
What you should know:
- This position will be working outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- This position is designated "essential services." The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Be strategic. Be adaptable. Be dynamic. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in the structural trades (building maintenance trades including: carpentry, locksmithing, electrical or painting maintenance) OR successful completion of a formalized apprenticeship program or higher level course work from an accredited, non-correspondence, vocational or trades school appropriate to the work assignment may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must possess a valid driver's license pass a pre-placement physical.
What you will need:
- Customer Service skills
- Technical ability
What we'd like you to have:
- Previous parking experience.
- Experience with basic computers and work order systems.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by July 31, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09934.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10533 - Parking & Transportation Servi
Posting Date: Jul 12, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 31, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00734815