Administrative Coordinator I
Posting Number STA00040PO17 Classification Title Administrative Coordinator I Internal Title Administrative Coordinator I Campus Columbia 01 College/Division College of Engineering and Computing Department College of Engineering and Computing Band 5 Advertised Minimum Salary $34,480 Advertised Salary Range Salary commensurate with qualifications Location of Vacancy Part/Full Time Full Time Hours per week 37.5 Work Schedule Type of Staff Position Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Basis 12 months Job Search Category Administrative
The University of South Carolina is a premiere flagship research institution in South Carolina and one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report. With more than 46,000 students on eight campuses, the University of South Carolina is a leader in improving the lives of individuals in South Carolina and around the world. Founded in 1801, the University of South Carolina employs almost 14,000 people. At the University of South Carolina, our employees include some of the brightest minds and most accomplished professionals in the world. The diversity of thought and active engagement of our colleagues makes for a dynamic and interesting work environment. The University has been named a best place to work, and a big part of that is the people. Our diverse faculty and staff embody a dedication to serve our students, so that a job becomes a passion with no limits.
Benefits for Temporary Positions
The University of South Carolina (UofSC), through the State of SC and Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA), offers state employees a valuable benefits package, including health and life insurance, generous paid leave and retirement programs. To learn more about UofSC benefits, access the benefits section on the Applicant Portal.
Advertised Job Summary
1) Provide administrative support to the Biomedical Engineering Program Director, Undergraduate and Graduate Directors, faculty, undergraduate and graduate students, including paperwork and scheduling. Organize events and seminars including: schedules, agendas, announcements, snacks, space, meals, and hotel reservations. Assist in the organization and reporting of program data. Process affiliate appointments for visitors requested by biomedical engineering faculty. 50%; 2) Prepare/coordinate/distribute mail and mailbox assignments, Internet track FedEx/UPS. Assist with shipping. Word process memos, letters, forms for faculty. Fax and make copies for faculty. 30%; 3) General upkeep of Biomedical Engineering Program office. Maintain program bulletin boards, assessment files, student files, etc., and perform other duties as requested by Program Director.20%Minimum Qualifications (Classified and Unclassified positions)
Bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services; or equivalency.Preferred Qualifications Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
1. A bachelor's degree and three years of responsible clerical or administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Working knowledge of modern office procedures, practice and the care and operation of standard office equipment and machines.
3. Working knowledge of University standard word processing, spreadsheet, powerpoint and database software.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Start Date If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date Job Open Date 07/12/2017 Job Close Date Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant Quicklink for Posting http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/16564 EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.
Hazardous weather category Non-Essential Safety Sensitive or Security Sensitive No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services; or equivalency?
- Cover Letter