Radiology Technical Manager I/UKHC
The Radiology Tech Manager I functions as a highly experienced OBGYN sonographer, working under the delegated authority of the supervising physician, and is responsible for the overall daily management of the UKHC OBGYN Ultrasound Clinic.
The Rad Tech Manager's role and responsibilities extend beyond those of a staff or lead sonographer and are focused on
providing leadership to ensure the delivery of safe and efficient patient care. The Rad Tech
Manager's activities are performed in accordance with UKHC policies and procedures and applicable professional standards.
Responsible for day-to-day operation of sonography services. Create schedules and provide direction for workflow.
Responsible for staffing selection, addressing performance issues, and staff terminations in accordance with UKHC policy and procedure. Ensure staff is compliant with clinical and operation protocols, policies and procedures.
Responsible for preventive maintenance program for ultrasound equipment. Perform quality control procedures to determine that ultrasound equipment operates at optimal levels to ensure patient safety.
Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with co-workers, administrators and other members of the UKHC team.
IEBC-Internal Employee Being Considered
Radiology Technical Manager I/UKHC
Blue Angels Ultrasound Manager
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
AART (American Assoc of Radiologic Technologists) or ARDMS or Registered Nuclear Med Tech
sitting, standing, lifting, etc
40 hours per week. Monday-Friday mostly days
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Associate's degree plus ARRT or ARDMS or Registered Nuclear Med Tech plus four or more years related experience.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Do you currently hold an ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) or ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) or Registered Nuclear Medicine Technologist certification or are you certification eligible?
- * Please describe your supervisory experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter