Patient Care Lab Activity Specialist
The College of Pharmacy Office of Education seeks a pharmacy technician for the Patient Care Laboratory. The employee will be responsible for preparation of material for Patient Care Lab activities; set up activities and breakdown activities after activities are completed. The employee may assist students with technical aspects of a laboratory activity under the direction of the faculty member. The employee will assist in assessing, recording, and returning graded laboratory activities when appropriate. The employee under the direction of the Patient Care Lab Coordinator will monitor lab equipment to ensure that it is in good working order, troubleshoot minor problems follow-up on repair of significant problems, and assists in inventory maintenance.
IEBC - Internal Employee Being Considered
Patient Care Lab Activity Specialist
7K125:Office of Education
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 25 lbs; sitting for long periods of times.
Monday - Friday. Some nights and weekends. 30 hours per week.
• Basic skills in reading, writing, and math.
• Knowledge/skills to maintain records and complete general office work.
• Working knowledge of computers, MS Office, using web-based applications, AV equipment. Knowledge/skills to complete basic office procedures.
• Communication skills to handle one-on-one communication, telephone communication, and written/e-mail communication.
• Able to solve a variety of problems using job-related knowledge and training.
• Works independently to complete activities and make decisions refers to supervisor when unusual case or issue occurs.
• Attention-to-detail; ability to follow policy and procedures; professionalism.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Greater than 5 years as a pharmacy technician and experience with management and use of electronic health records and pharmacy dispensing systems preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Are you currently a Certified Pharmacy Technician?
- * Please indicate the amount of paid pharmacy technician experience you have working in a clinic based or retail pharmacy setting.
- More than 0 years, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter