Social/Clinical Research Assistant - Journey
Position Number 13203
Position Classification Title Social/Clinical Research Assistant
Functional Title Social/Clinical Research Assistant - Journey
Position Type Staff
The North Carolina Star Rated License Project (NCRLAP), was established in 1999 to better define the quality of child care in the state and to assist parents in choosing child care. NCRLAP at UNCG is currently seeking to hire a Social/Clinical Research Assistant in the surrounding areas of Greensboro or East of Greensboro NC.
- Conducting Environment Rating Scale assessments in licensed child care centers or child care homes as assigned by their supervisor or by another NCRLAP staff member (e.g. scheduler, training coordinator).
- Ensuring all assessments must have timely completion of documentation and submission of the score sheet, notes, and assessment report to the appropriate person. Documentation of scores for the rating scales must be accurately complete, according to the established guidelines.
- Providing communication regarding questions from licensing consultants regarding assessment results and scores.
- Attend NCRLAP statewide meetings as required by their supervisor.
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Appropriate guidelines for assessment procedures must be followed, including arriving on time, dressing appropriately, working unobtrusively while in the classrooms, and maintaining professional conduct at all times while in the center.
In addition, requirements for objectivity, confidentiality, and conflict of interest must be followed. Specifically, with regard to confidentiality, any information regarding the individual scores of classrooms, centers, or homes must remain confidential and should be shared only with those designated as appropriate by the supervisor and/or other NCRLAP administration. Likewise, staff are responsible for agreeing with NCRLAP's conflict of interest statement which requires staff members to identify and report any real or potential conflict of interests with centers or homes assigned to them for assessment. This includes, but is not limited to, personal or family relationships with any staff member, extensive professional contact with programs, and financial involvement on any level.
Travel is critical for the job, maintaining reliable transportation is necessary.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
- B.S. Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or a closely related degree.
- At least one (1) year of experience in child care and the necessary physical skills to complete the assessments and required documentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage time independently.
- Demonstrate flexibility to allow working with child care providers' schedules and day to day operational conflicts that may arise.
- Possess a working knowledge of child development and appropriate child care classroom practices.
- Bilingual (fluent in both English and Spanish)
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Must be able to travel and stay overnight in hotels. Monday through Friday constitutes a typical work week; however, there may be occasional weekend work. The work schedule requires flexibility due to the nature of how we receive assessment requests from the Division of Child Development.
Due to travel and the length of the assessment it is common for assessor days to extend beyond eight hours; however, the work week should total 40 hours. Traveling from the designated work location to the hotel is counted as part of the work week hours. The time spent at the hotel is not included in work week hours except for the time that is spent in work related duties (such as writing an assessment report).
NCRLAP is hiring in the surrounding areas of Greensboro and East of Greensboro NC.
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
The applicant is also required to upload with their electronic application the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Your application to the position will not be complete until you receive an online confirmation number at the end of the process of applying for a position.
Recruitment Range $35,999 - $41,379
Org #-Department Human Development & Family Studies - 12403
Work Hours of Position 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. office days; assessment days vary
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Band Social/Clinical Research Assistant
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
DATA/INFORMATION COLLECTION (Journey)
Organizes, collects, records and presents data/information within defined research parameters; ensures quality control. Summarizes data/information collected.
INFORMATION/RECORDS ADMINISTRATION (Journey)
Compiles and organizes data/information from different sources to develop reports using established format.
Leads/Updates exchange of research information through dialog, instruction and demonstration.
Contributes to preparation of publications, reports, and other presentations of compiled results.
Open Date 07/12/2017
Close Date 07/27/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time limited duration of appointment
August 31, 2017 (Grant position may be renewed after assignment end date.)
Salary Grade Equivalency 66
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your higher education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a directly related field
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an unrelated field
- Associate's Degree in a directly related field
- Associate's Degree in an unrelated field
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- less than 1 year
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or closely related field?
- * Do you have at least one year of professional child care experience in a licensed child care program or family child care home?
- * Can you travel within the state of NC, work early mornings, late evenings, and stay overnight in hotels to conduct assessments and attend meetings?
- * Do you have the ability to proficiently speak English and Spanish?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu