Coordinator, Educators Rising and Future Educators of America
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Educators Rising - FEA Coordinator functions under the direction of the School of Education and Human Performance and supports learning by supporting fifteen Fox Valley area high school Educators Rising - FEA Chapters through coordinating events and activities both on and off campus to encourage high school students to enter the field of education.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as a liaison between Fox Valley area high school chapter advisors and students and Aurora University administration, faculty, students and staff.
- Assists in the relationship development process, and maintains and evaluates those relationships with the surrounding communities, area high school advisors, students and administration, as well as University administration, faculty, students and staff.
- Coordinates on and off campus events and activities where the high school students are learning about education related careers and engaging in education related programs and projects.
- Orients, guides and develops the cadre of local Educators Rising - FEA advisors by providing Advisor Network meetings.
- Plans, prepares and supervises the annual summer Educators Rising - FEA Leadership Training for members and Advisors.
- Plans, prepares and facilitates the annual Partnership Luncheon bringing together local school district superintendents, principals, Teachers’ Union representatives, Advisors, Chapter Leaders, as well as University administration and faculty.
- Coordinates and conducts on-site visits to local high school Chapters.
- Collects and maintains data on the ethnic, racial and gender diversity of the membership from each Chapter, providing information to the University for Accreditation and Assessment purposes.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum required, Master’s preferred
- High School FEA Advisor Experience
- Excellent communication and clerical skills
- Ability to use office equipment, such as a computer, copier, etc.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to sit or stand at desk.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century. Toward this effort we are determined to have a faculty, staff, and student body reflecting the cultural demographics of the Greater Chicago land Area.