Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-12-2017
The Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing transactional source systems to develop, manage, and maintain data knowledge. Provides all aspects of data analysis and data profiling in support of the data warehouse/business intelligence environment. Performs research and analysis of source system data primarily housed within administrative systems such as: Human Resource, Finance, Student, Advancement, Athletics and Facilities.
1. Any combination totaling two years from the following categories:
a) progressively more responsible work experience in IT-related profession
b) college course work in Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
? 60 semester hours or Associate's Degree equals one year
? 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor's Degree equals two years
2. One (1) or more years' experience authoring PL/SQL or complex SQL.
3. One (1) or more years' experience with data analysis, data profiling, conceptual and logical data modeling, source to target mapping or data quality design.
4. Demonstrated understanding of structured, semi-structured data solutions and familiarity with operational and analytical database concepts.
5. Demonstrated ability to apply strong knowledge of SQL query language against a variety of data sets.
6. Demonstrated experience analyzing transactional source system data structures.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Demonstrated experience in development and support of a Business Intelligence or data warehousing initiative.
2. Experience working in higher education environment.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.