Concrete Plant Operations Manager
Location: New Orleans, LA
Full Time Employee
Concrete Plant Operations Manager
Will manage all activities related to daily operations of Ready-Mix concrete plant, including handling and shipping of product, equipment maintenance, development of personnel, and safety and financial performance.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Plan, assign, and direct work related to Ready-Mix concrete production.
- Batch concrete according to specifications of tickets and load trucks.
- Coordinate with Dispatch for efficient concrete delivery.
- Oversee general appearance and security of grounds, buildings, equipment, and machinery.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is performed on all plant equipment.
- Review driver's daily vehicle reports.
- Order raw materials and operating supplies.
- Maintain inventories and monitor plant operating costs; prepare reports.
- Participate in the selection, training, evaluation, progression, discipline, and discharge of personnel.
- Effectively manage employee performance through coaching, feedback (verbal and written), rewards, and discipline when necessary.
- Conduct safety meetings and plant safety and/or environmental inspections.
- Conduct daily quality control sampling of aggregate properties; record results appropriately.
- Comply with all and ensure compliance of all Safety, Health, Environmental, and other Company policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Address complaints and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Experience: Three (3) years experience working in the production of Ready-Mix Concrete preferred.
Previous experience driving Ready-Mix concrete trucks preferred.
License: Valid Class "A" or Class "B" commercial driver's license preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have sufficient level of education to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature relating to products and vehicles.
- Must have excellent defensive driving skills.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to maintain strong customer, supplier, and community relationships.
- Must have proficient computer skills. Command Alkon skills preferred.
- Ownership Mentality: Assumes responsibility and makes decisions within own level of authority.
- Self-Motivated: Initiates and takes actions before being required to do so; demonstrates ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Strong Work Ethic: Uses time efficiently and ensures job duties, issues and concerns are handled in a timely, appropriate manner.
- Integrity: Maintains high ethical standards.
- Customer Focus: Takes responsibility for customer relationships and appropriately represents the Company.
- Communication Skills: Communicates clearly verbally and in writing; listens carefully in an open, candid, and consistent manner. Displays a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Team Player: Establishes trust with team members, clearly stating expectations and accountabilities of self and others; recognizes the importance of high group morale and acts to protect or build as necessary; collaborates with others to address issues as necessary.Assists co-workers with other duties as required.
- Problem Prevention/Solving: Able to proactively identify and solve problems and enlist the help of others as needed.
- Leadership: Must be able to effectively provide guidance and direction in regard to both projects and staff. Ability to get work done through others using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
- Attendance: Adheres to Company policies in regard to attendance and punctuality. Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
This position requires knowledge and awareness of construction and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Position requires ability to work at multiple sites and varying start times dependent upon business needs. Extra hours and weekend work as required.
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, retirement with maximum company match, paid holidays and vacation.
Nairn Concrete Services provides quality concrete and excellent customer service in the metro New Orleans area.
Founded in 1957, we are locally owned and are the oldest continual provider of ready-mixed concrete in Plaquemines Parish.
New Orleans, LA
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 16:11:17 PDT