Technical Assistant - Computer Lab
Category: Part Time Non-Benefit Positions
Department: Computer Labs
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jul 11, '17
Type: PT No Benefits
Ref No.: contractor - pt
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Recently re-certified as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream, BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. The College offers more than 100 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than 50 percent are women.
We are looking for individuals aligned with our institutional values of access and success, excellence and innovation, economic and social justice, inclusiveness and equity, civic engagement and service, kindness and respect, and accountability and transparency. Individuals with a dedication to a dynamic educational environment, investment in the social and economic well-being of all, and belief in student-centered learning in an engaging, supportive environment are sought to fill the following position.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Other duties include:
- Replacing keyboard, mouse, and other peripheral equipment of workstations
- Loading paper in printers/replacing toner and ink cartridges
- Removal of paper jams in printers
- Providing escalation to help student log in or obtain access to applications
- Assistance in navigation to core College applications (such as Moodle) and websites
- Help in maintaining clean labs and work areas
- Alert supervisor of problems or student issues that may not be readily resolvable
- Power on workstation in lab areas and check for operability & report any malfunctioning equipment to supervisor
- Assist in issues of student email access
- Have a high level of customer support as you are helping our students.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7, 8, and 10, Apple OS.
- Experience in the use of mobile devices such as laptops, tablets, and smart phones.
- Must have very good communication skills.
- Can take and follow technical directions.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population.
Knowledgeable in the support of Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7, 8 and 10, Apple OS.
Experience in the support of mobile devices such as laptops, tablets, and smart phones.
Pay Rate: $11.00/HR
Must be available to work between 10 to 18 hours per week.
(Saturday and Sunday work is available from 8am to 4pm).
Submit your resume and cover letter to: http://bhcc.interviewexchange.com.
Typical work contracts are on a semester basis.
Position is open until filled each semester.