Director Operations/Supply Chain Manager
Director of Operations / Supply Chain Manager
Responsible for formulating, recommending, and implementing short and long range business plans relating to inventory/planning requirements, operational cost reductions, developing strategic supplier alliances, distribution and warehousing initiatives, and transportation and 3rd party provider costs.
Areas of Responsibility:
Purchase Order Creation, Logistics, Customer Services, and Forecast Validation.
- Develop and refine plans that ensure timely supply of products in support of aggressive growth initiatives.
- Oversee company forecasting. Lead/refine the processes. Ensure accuracy, with the goal to manage lead times, customer requirements and internal inventory requirements, ultimately leading to optimal product purchase orders.
- Create right size purchase orders for submission to parent company balancing above requirements.
- Direct logistics activities to ensure timely and cost effective warehousing, transportation and delivery of inbound and outbound freight.
- Negotiate, implement and maintain strategic supply agreements with all logistics partners to ensure cost and service optimization.
- Ensure all freight contracts are re-quoted a minimum of twice a year.
- Develop and implement metrics to ensure superior 3rd party logistics performance.
- Stay abreast of market conditions, and sales trends in order to make best purchasing and inventory control recommendations/decisions.
- Develop and maintain strong, real time working relationships with counterparts in Korea that process purchase orders, and manage factory activities/priorities.
- Lead staff of 4-6 high performance people. Develop goals and objectives for staff and manage performance to achieve those goals.
- Direct the activities of the customer service function to helpful, responsive service while at the same time controlling the cost center.
- Manage a complex and changing reverse logistics function that handles returns from dealers and consumers, warranty support, repairs and returns to factories.
- Experience with Pacific/Asian Region and Central and South American markets a plus.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:12:05 PDT