Systems Engineer - Tier 2
Systems Engineer Tier II
Position:Systems Engineer Tier II
Type: Permanent Full-time
Salary/Pay: Commensurate with experience
The Systems Engineer Tier II is responsible for managing and maintaining our end client's networks. Ensuring client satisfaction and quieting their networks are essential in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Systems Engineer Tier II position is a key contributor in the success of managing our client's networks. This is achieved by quickly resolving incidents that our clients open tickets for and by constantly monitoring the alerts generated by our tools to resolve incidents before our clients are aware.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent listening and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each job.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate through e-mail.
- Intermediate knowledge in routers, layer 2/3 switches, and other networking devices.
- General knowledge in managing Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Networks.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems and Applications.
- Ability to remain in contact with the client thru the completion of the incident.
- Problem-solving abilities and ability to meet reasonable deadlines.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Willingness to develop professionally.
- Ability to work with little supervision and manage a team.
- Success in the Systems Engineer Tier II position will be based on your ability to meet or exceed our client's expectations and by exceeding the SLA (Service Level Agreements) put in place for the various agreements.
- The team will be graded on the profitability of the client agreements and on the amount of incidents that are able to be resolved before affecting the clients.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- NET+ Certification is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is preferred.
- 4+ years' experience in computer network management is required
- Experience in managing end client networks is preferred.
- Connectwise experience is preferred.
- Continuum RMM tool experience is preferred.
- Normal professional, office environment.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Managed IT Services are a cost effective way for small and medium sized businesses to outsource their IT needs at a lower cost than hiring IT personnel or even building an in-house IT support department. Hired personnel have to be managed and benefits paid and ultimately the Executive Management of a company is in the dark about what is truly needed by this person(s) or department.
Managed IT Services simplify IT operations and allows Networking Solutions to deliver the same high-level tools and know-how generally applied to Large and Enterprise businesses into your Small or Medium company. We help you leverage the same technologies that keep Fortune 500 companies competitive! Networking Solutions can bring this technology into your environment at an affordable price because the expense of hiring and recruiting key staff is distributed over our entire client base. We maintain the highly qualified technical staff and allow you to focus on managing your business productivity.
Sun, 25 Jun 2017 11:15:35 PDT