Construction Project Manager (Small Projects)
This position requires a college degree preferably a BS in Construction Sciences or Engineering with a minimum of 5 years commercial construction experience. Candidates should possess strong customer service skills, project management skills and technical skills as listed below. The ideal candidate will have experience with projects in the $100,000.00 to $5 million dollar range, dealing in both lump sum competitive bids and cost plus project types.
- Ability to interact with different departments within the company or with firms outside the company.
- Manage meetings and coordinate timely responses to issues.
- Build relationships.
- Preconstruction Process
- Pre-Project planning Process
- Project Scheduling
- Construction process
- Project Closeout process
- Project follow-up process
- Project Staff Leadership
- Ability to look ahead on a project
- Understanding the "big picture" with respect to the overall project
- Has experience managing multiple individuals
Decision Making Abilities:
The ability to make sound and ethical business decisions that consider all project team members and deliver project success. The ability to distinguish between decisions that can be made at the middle management level and those that require upper management support.
- Computer Literacy in Excel, Word, and MS Project.
- Local, state and national government processes as they relate to specific projects.
- Architect and Engineering interface with respect to subject matter and constructability issues.
- General knowledge of construction means and methods.
- General knowledge of field engineering and surveying terminology and methods.
Harwood International is a family owned business with nearly 500 associates. The 18 block Harwood District includes eight acres of gardens, more than 6,000 parking spaces, and six office buildings - with additional luxury office, residential and hospitality space currently under development.
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 08:33:33 PDT