Construction Field Engineer - Hospitality Projects
CONSTRUCTION FIELD ENGINEER POSITION - HOSPITALITY EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Immediate opening for a construction field engineer Los Angeles, CA. The project types range in scope from wood structure to high-rise cast in place concrete structure, with high end finishes, and fast paced schedule. Our company is a well-established general contractor based in Southern California that has work throughout California and is listed in ENR's Top 200 General Contractors.
- At least 2 years experience in commercial construction.
- Must be familiar with all finish trades including Millwork, Ceramic Tile, Paint, Wall Covering.
- Assists the Superintendent with all aspects of construction coordination and implementation.
- Coordinate work activities with all necessary parties to ensure that the project remains efficient and on schedule.
- Oversees the terms and conditions of construction contracts.
- Apportions work among employees and subcontractors according to project needs and coordinates work so that it maintains a smooth flow among the various trades.
- Introduces new trades to the projects as the project requires them and collaborates with management of the various trades to ensure the work is carried out in a manner consistent with the project plans and specifications.
- Provides a safe work environment through creating a culture of safety for the project and holding each individual on the project accountable for safe behavior. Regularly assists with safety meetings and makes sure that the company's safety policies are being enforced.
- Sources material suppliers for consumables required to construct the project and estimates materials required for specific jobs. Orders materials and coordinates deliveries of materials to coincide with construction progress. Ensures that the materials for construction are on the project site as they are required and are stored in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Coordinates materials staging are as between the various trades and monitors material deliveries.
- Maintains inventory and control over the projects tools, materials, equipment, and security.
- Writes and maintains a project's daily record in detail through daily reports. Communicates those reports to the office on a daily basis.
- Attends and organizes weekly coordination meetings between all subcontractors who are currently on site and any that will be on site in the near future. Coordinates work flows, safety, environmental concerns, manpower requirements, materials requirements and overall schedule through these meetings.
- Assist with managing company and rental equipment for maximum productivity and minimum cost.
- Maintains a good relationship with the Superintendent and Project Manager and works as a team to complete the project.
- Furnish two (2) references.
- Ability to communicate effectively, diplomatically and professionally
- Flexibility to handle shifting priorities
- OSHA 30 or OSHA 40 Training
(Completed degree) (Applicants without degree considered but requires minimum of 3 years of Project Engineer experience.).
- Applicants must be able to think for themselves and be comfortable working within a non-corporate, entrepreneurial company that offers room for growth and reward as long as you demonstrate initiative, good judgement and efficient work ethic. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
We prefer that you already live in Los Angeles and have reliable transportation.
The Reed Family of Construction Companies was founded in 1976. In 1996, two newly created Limited Liability Companies, E. E. Reed Construction, L.C. and Zapalac/Reed Construction Company assumed control of all previous E. E. Reed Construction Company operations in Houston and Austin, and on the East Coast. In 2002, the Limited Liability Companies converted to Limited Partnerships, and all new operations since that date are contracted in the Limited Partnerships. Therefore, the combined years are 34. davisREED Construction, Inc. was incorporated as the newest Reed Company in 2002 in order to service the western half of the United States. The Reed companies have consistently been found in the ENR Top 400 companies.
Los Angeles, CA
Sun, 2 Jul 2017 10:42:59 PDT