Library Specialist II
Texas A&M University-Central Texas was born in the spirit of community cooperation on May 27, 2009 as a member of The Texas A&M University System, one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. A&M-Central Texas is a military friendly, upper-level institution offering bachelor's and master's degrees for life's next chapter.
Males, age 18 through 25, must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire. This position is designated as a security sensitive position and requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.
In order to comply with federal export control regulation, applicants must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, temporary resident, refugee or asylee to be considered for this position.
Proof of education required upon hire.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas, a member of the Texas A&M University System, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer and Educator and is committed to excellence through diversity.
Crime Awareness and Campus Safety/Annual Fire Safety Report:
Texas A&M -Central Texas (TAMCT) is committed to assisting all members of the TAMUCT community in providing for their own safety and security. Information regarding campus security, personal safety, and fire safety including the Jeanne Cleary Campus Safety Report is available at: https://www.tamuct.edu/departments/security/index.php.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Crime Awareness and Campus Safety/Annual Fire Safety Report, or reports from previous years, you may stop by the University Police Department located at Founder's Hall, Room 103 or you may request that a hard copy be mailed to you by calling (254) 501-5801.
Posting Number 086S
Position Title Library Specialist II
Work Site Location Killeen
Duration of Position Budgeted- FT
Salary Minimum $22,716
Ability to move medium weight boxes, books, heavy book truck or similar items.
• Ability to handle material containing dust or microscopic mold spores.
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Library Specialist II, under general supervision, provides general customer service and standard or routine library functions related to various specialized disciplines. Performs standard library functions in one or more library units. Under supervision, learns intermediate and more advanced library functions.
High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three years of related library experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of word processing, and spreadsheet applications. Knowledge of email and library online research databases.
Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Basic keyboarding skills.
Ability to lift moderately heavy objects. Ability to exert heavy force.
Variable hours to be determined.
Posting Date 07/11/2017
Closing Date 07/24/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link http://www.tamuctjobs.com/postings/1551
Proposed Job Duties
On this screen, please list in order of importance, and in detail, the job function and duties assigned to this position and estimate the percentage of time given to each function.Job Duties
Percent of total time 45 Responsibility / Duty
Provides Administrative Support for the Library
- Provides administrative support for the library, including assistance with marketing, purchasing, minutes, mail, and note taking.
- Assists with library outreach events, including room reservations, registration procedures, event set up, and other organizational logistics.
- Performs all library scheduling for public service areas, including circulation, reference, and K-12 tutoring.
- Places supply orders and maintains inventory.
Oversees Circulation Service Desk
- Oversees activities at one or more service desks, including those performed by other part-time staff, to ensure that established guidelines are followed and excellent customer service is provided.
- Works as a part of the library team in assisting patrons.
- Acts as the frontline manager in response to patron and staff issues.
- Helps maintain operation of equipment located in the library.
- Ensure supplies are available for patrons.
- Serves as the cash custodian while on desk duty.
- Conducts library opening and/or closing procedures.
- Work flexible hours required to meet patron demands.
Manages Functional Area
- Manages day to day workflow in one or more functional areas of the library, which may include donations, periodicals, library fines and fees, holds, or other areas as needed.
- Performs or oversees tasks related to any assigned functional areas, some of which may be related to other parts of the library, including technical services.
- Writes guidelines and procedures related to these functional areas.
Library Service, Reference Support, and Other Duties as Assigned
- Serves as a member of library committees, including the Library Circulation Committee.
- Maintains an awareness of current library issues and trends affecting circulation through ongoing training.
- Provides reference assistance for patrons on the use of databases and other library materials face-to-face, on the phone, or online when a professional librarian is not available.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma and three years of related library experience or equivalent combination of education and experience?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3