DXtera Institute, Inc. is a non-profit, educational consortium focused on promoting student success and increasing college completion. DXtera Institute member organizations collaborate, share expertise, resources and scalable solutions to remove digital integration barriers, and improve the capacity of the institution to access and use data in a way that will promote student success and increase college completion. We turn complex, time-intensive, inefficient digital transactions into optimized, secure, real-time digital integrations across multiple applications. We provide the training, knowledge, and expertise that colleges and universities desire to promote student success by removing the digital integration barrier.
This position will manage and develop one or more projects potentially including large, complex, multi-organization projects with broad scope and multiple product deliverables. Works with DXtera leadership to articulate project strategy, shape and effectively implement budget, to assess needs and prioritize resources. Works with senior leadership to ensure project(s) meet milestones and deliverables, and support the needs of the stakeholder. Reinforces team approach throughout, by building relationships and collaborating with internal and external DXtera teams and other stakeholders.
This position is based in Central Massachusetts with some telework available and travel required. Reports to DXtera’s CTO.
- Overall management of numerous simultaneous software development and other technical projects and associated resources (including space, timeline, budgets, etc.) and oversees project staff as appropriate.
- Ensures alignment of projects and project portfolio to consortium objectives and priorities
- Identifies, develops, deploys and manages project resources, tracks project budgets and creates project status reports for review by DXtera leadership, product owners and project stakeholders.
- Communicates project goals within DXtera; builds relationships as appropriate with all collaborating stakeholders and organizations, both internal and external, and engages with others on behalf of the project(s).
- Develop and monitor project milestones and deliverables and works to remove process and operational barriers for successful operation of the project(s).
- Identifies, develops, and initiates innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist.
- Writes and presents reports and/or proposals for internal and external audiences
- Other duties as needed or required.
Supervision received by the Chief Technology Officer. Employee determines appropriate work methods, plans, schedules, and prioritizes work based on goals and objectives to be achieved, within standards of work unit; carries out work activities independently. Consults with senior leadership to resolve unusual problems or for general direction and to assure work is aligned with organizational goals.
This role may oversee work of others, including planning, assigning, and scheduling work. Provides project leadership. Reviews the work of others and ensures that quality standards are met. May train staff and oversee their productivity. May provide input to leadership on staff hiring and performance issues. Is responsible for the mentoring and coaching of less experienced or lower level technical staff.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the systems and processes of higher education and related technologies and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver software development and other technical projects to completion.
- Requires advanced expertise with in-depth understanding of concepts and principles underlying information technology. Requires knowledge and skills in current software technologies, service based architectural principles, and project and product management methodologies.
- Familiarity with contemporary industry trends and developments in software technologies and project management techniques.
- Able to articulate technical and non-technical issues associated with emerging technologies in higher education
- Experience working on projects at 2- and 4- year institutions of higher education
- Experience leading and managing multiple projects simultaneously as evidenced by work history.
- Experience leading complex projects involving multiple organizations for diverse stakeholders as evidenced by work history.
- Experience managing project resources, including personnel, budgets, spaces, equipment, etc. as evidenced by work history.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams
- Familiarity with generally accepted project management principles.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with, and influence others across multiple organizations or institutions.
- Ability to build community and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation, including the ability to clearly communicate project goals, institutional service and support offerings.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills including demonstrated ability to assess, evaluate, and implement organizational initiatives, and present creative solutions.
- Able to work independently and with partner organizations to engage in creative uses of technology in education.
- Positive contributor to the company culture.
- Bachelors or Masters degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Accredited project management certification a plus