TCS Education System
TCS Education System is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Accounting department.
The Staff Accountant will analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. This is a great opportunity for recent college graduates!
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing general accounting support, including creating and posting journal entries and account analysis.
- Processing of accounts receivable items for campuses.
- Maintaining the fixed asset system including tracking, input and depreciation of assets.
- Providing reconciliations for all balance sheet and expense accounts.
- Completing month and year-end close for assigned entities.
- Allocating expenses over the different entities and departments.
- Preparing and reconciling bank reconciliations for each bank account.
- Researching and resolving any discrepancies or accounting issues.
- Organizing and maintaining work files and documents.
- Completing additional projects or duties as assigned.
- Must have organizational, problem, analytical and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Solid accounting knowledge and skills through coursework completion and projects.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Solid communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Must have previous internship experience in general accounting.
- Experience in Higher Education preferred, but not required.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System was founded in 2009 as a nonprofit organization with a mission of preparing innovative, engaged, purposeful agents of change who serve our global community.
TCS Education System features a network of specialized institutions, which are backed by a model of education that prepares socially responsible, culturally competent professionals in applied fields such as psychology, law, health care, and education. TCS Education System partners-The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University-each offer scholarship, training, and service opportunities directed to a specific career path while providing a transformative educational experience.
For more information, visit www.tcsedsystem.edu