Wardenburg Health Services welcomes applications for a primary care staff Physician position in our Medical Clinic department. Working with a progressive team of Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Physicians, RNs, and Medical Assistants in a collaborative and supportive environment, this position delivers primary health care to the university student population by emphasizing the promotion of health and the prevention and treatment of disease by creating, with the patient, a health care plan to manage actual and potential health problems.
This is a professional position involving the practice of medicine as a staff member of Wardenburg Health Services (WHS). Duties are performed in accordance with: 1) established standards and ethics of medical and nursing practice, 2) personal qualifications, and 3) the administrative policies and operational procedures of Wardenburg Health Services. Within this framework, duties are carried out with considerable latitude for independent professional judgment and action.
This is a benefited 80-100% time, year-round position. We provide care Monday through Friday, with limited Saturday hours and no late evenings, nights, Sundays and no on-call duty. The incumbent will be expected to work 6 rotating 4-hour Saturdays shifts during the year. The University covers malpractice insurance and provides CME's, in addition to other excellent benefits including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- EcoPass for free RTD rides
- An unparalleled retirement plan
Who we are:
WHS staff understands and is committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. We provide a comprehensive range of health care services in several on-campus locations. The Medical Clinic is a fast-paced and student-centered clinic, providing many opportunities for growth through professional collaboration and continuing education. We flex with the academic calendar, which provides natural ebbs and flows to the pace of clinic work, and many opportunities to support students throughout their university journey. We provide a wide range of health care services for students including but not limited to: primary care for acute and chronic illnesses and injuries, physicals, sexually transmitted infection prevention, testing and treatment, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care. We enjoy the many benefits of working on CU Boulder's dynamic campus with a generally young and healthy population, and many opportunities to promote health and wellness for a lifetime.
What your key responsibilities will be:
As a primary care staff physician, the position will perform the following duties:
- Perform thorough and accurate medical evaluations and design a treatment plan in accordance with medical guidelines and standards.
- Communicate with and educate patients regarding their medical condition, follow-up care, and preventive measures.
- Prepare and maintain thorough, accurate, and clear medical records which justify the diagnoses, treatment(s) and billing codes.
- Make appropriate use of Pharmacy, Laboratory, Radiology, Physical Therapy, as well as other ancillary services in clinical decision making in accordance with the standard practice of medicine.
- Readily seek appropriate consultation for unusual or unresponsive cases while following established referral procedures.
- Participate with other staff physicians sharing a proportionate patient load and clinical responsibilities.
- Participate in accredited continuing medical education to acquire and maintain the professional knowledge and skills needed to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Maintain current and appropriate medical credentials including a Colorado Medical License and DEA registration.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position is $180,000 to 190,000 (based on100%), commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be resourceful. Be engaged. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- MD or DO degree.
- Full, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Colorado by date of hire.
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration.
- Eligibility to obtain medical liability insurance.
- BLS certification by date of hire.
- Board certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or other college-health appropriate ABMS-recognized medical specialty by date of hire.
*Condition of employment:*
Before the incumbent can see patients, he/she must be reviewed and determined to be eligible for clinical privileges as determined by the WHS Credentialing and Privileging Department.
What you will need:
- Interpersonal skills, including excellent communication.
- Basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Word and an electronic medical record.
- Wardenburg Health Services desires individuals who want to work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment. Past experience in such a setting is preferred.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with staff and students in an academic environment.
- Willingness and ability to meet demanding work schedules.
What we'd like you to have:
- At least three years of clinical primary care practice.
- Willingness and ability to meet demanding work schedules.
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Willingness to participate in special clinical situations.
- Experience and comfort in acute management of common musculoskeletal injuries.
- Comfortable with basic office procedures and same day appointments.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by August 1, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09857.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10450 - Wardenburg Health Center
Posting Date: Jul 11, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 1, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00672867